Hawkmoths in flight. Attempt 2

Having made a complete mess of the firest post I came to the conclusion that I was making it too complicated, and have therefore amended the titles and also the way that we post the URLs. This has just worked fine on Pam's post in Landscapes so let us hope it works here.

My apologises if you have seen 2 of them before but I thought that some of the newer members may like to see them,

Number 1.

Hummingbird Hawkmoth feeding from the left hand side.

hbm1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Number 2, As above, but coming from the right. I have this as my desktop wallpaper on my laptop and really like it.

hbm2.jpg

Number 3. A Broad Bordered Bee Hawkmoths. Notice the way this moth actually supports itself by resting the front legs on the flower.

bbbh.jpg

Number 4. This is a rather rare hawkmoth that I just managed to snap as it took off.

shm.jpg

Number 5. Again a HBHM but showing how they start to unfurl their tongue before they reach the flower.

hbm3.jpg

Bob F.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Yep, all photos shown up okay.

Again, beautiful captures.

Great captures! Your timing to get these shots is pretty incredible. I think the first and the last one are my favorites.

P

Pam the Spiderwoman

I love these pictures.

No.4 was taken in our garden, the rest are by the swimming pool during our holiday in France
Oh what a good holiday that was.:cool: :890: :645:

Pam

M

Mitchell-Krog

Bob, well done, capturing insects in flight is NOT easy as you well know, so even though some of them are not in absolute perfect focus they show the movement well. I like #4 and #5 most, #2 is also really cool.

Latest threads

Top Bottom