Hawks - Point Pelee, Ontario

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Paul Dunlop, Sep 26, 2008.

1. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Paul, for the most part they're a little underexposed but, all in all, I'd say you're off to a good start. I'm curious about your choice of focal lengths considering that they are heavily cropped. I looked at the exif for a few and it showed that they were shot at 70, 145, 195, and 300mm .

2. Hi

Gotcha - I didn't get to choose my focal lengths :frown:....because i was having so much trouble tracking them

I would get one - zoom to 300mm - then lose it and have to pull back - then shoot - at whatever length I happened to be at

This is a skill set that I just haven't attempted before and I can't wait to practice this more!

3. Hiya paul! Yep, doing birds in flight can be quite hard! I think you got a couple of vultures in with your hawks the 2nd and last are turkey vultures. keep up the practice, get a good bird book, and get prepared to get a bad case of lens lust disease!

4. good shooting Paul, keep the sun at your back if you can, and over expose when shooting up into a blue or white sky... 1-2 stops.

Good luck out there!

5. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Good start on BIF, Paul. If I tried all mine would be a big blur. BIF shots are the hardest to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.