1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

hdr and topaz adjust

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by mathjak107, Apr 17, 2011.

1. mathjak107

mathjak107

Mar 20, 2007
    nyc
    [​IMG]

1222094419_vimu5-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1222096539_R7Dtf-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. These are great!! Could you tell us how you did them?

3. mathjak107

mathjak107

Mar 20, 2007
    nyc
    5 shot hdrs were taken and merged into a very bland tonemapped hdr in nik hdr pro. they were then brought into topaz adjust for further tweaking and given a look thats different than the typical hdr

4. Very nice use of Topaz.
    The color and details in the last two make good use of the tool's capabilities.
    Just a suggestion, I would remove the person in the red coat in the second one, pretty distracting - I actually blew it up to 200% to see if the person was breaking in. :) 
    You might also want to work on the perspective on the last photo the right side is leaning in a bit too much.

5. mathjak107

mathjak107

Mar 20, 2007
    nyc
    tooo funny on the red guy.. actually its one of those perspectives i just can straighten well. there is always something leaning no matter how i try.

6. FWIW, I spent about 2 minutes in CS3 and got it pretty straight. I used the "distort" tool.

[​IMG]

Nice shot too!

7. mathjak107

mathjak107

Mar 20, 2007
    nyc
    you did better at it than i did thats for sure.

i gave up to easy when it started tilting elsewhere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.