1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HDR Attempt

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by hallkc, Sep 17, 2008.

1. hallkc

hallkc

Apr 1, 2008
    French Camp, CA
    I'm looking for some C&C on this HDR... I poked around looking for an HDR thread, but I thought it fit in miscellany best. Please let me know what you think.

I intentionally used a fisheye to round off the horizon to compliment the round shape of the cul-de-sac.

My "hood"
    WhereIliveSmall.
    &          f/0.0    1/10000s    ISO 62000

Thanks for taking some time to critique this:) 

2. Love the colors! — Looks like you have the curvature of the earth.

3. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I dig it, really like the dramatics the fish eye lends to this scene. Very vibrant colors and the forground while ordinary is quite interesting in this shot, I think the point of view makes it.

4. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I really like that!! Great Pic

5. lazijay

lazijay

Jul 27, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    I'm loving the colors in this one!

6. wow i like the vivid colours it's almost unreal

7. hallkc

hallkc

Apr 1, 2008
    French Camp, CA
    Thank you all for your comments:) 

Does anyone have any other suggestions? (I'm trying to improve and could use some criticism)

Thanks!

8. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV

Im a big fan of fisheyes and vivid dramatic colors, so I find no fault with this shot.
    I guess if you want to real nit picky you could have took the time to clone some of that grass around so it doesnt look like the yard is dying under the unrelentless heat of the Texas sun. :biggrin:

9. That's one of the coolest HDR's I've seen yet! Maybe b/c of the sky! Wow! My only nit pick is that the car on the very bottom the the pic (right in front of the red Toyota) is cut off. I think it would be better to be fully included or not at all. But, that's a compositional critique. Not sure that's what you were wanting.

10. hallkc

hallkc

Apr 1, 2008
    French Camp, CA
    That's great info... I appreciate it. I should have done exactly that, include all or none. (I was on the roof, and if I tilted up more to exclude it, the whole shot would have been sky... I couldn't tilt down anymore because the car went under an awning) Thanks for your honest opinion:) 

11. It's a real nice photo, nice one!
    If your after picky criticism then it could do with a slight sharpen.
    T.

12. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Awesome, the sky looks so cool. I suck at HDR!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.