HDR Helps

These were taken on hazy, overcast days and HDR helped make the most of the scenes.

3-frame and 5-frame merges. D300.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The last shot is excellent!!! Nice!
Thanks Tom

Dez,

What software are you using these days for HDR. I'm still using Photomatix, but I am considering the new Nik product.

Glenn
I'm still using Photomatix. I tried Nik HDR Efex Pro and I didn't like it. The produced images were unreleastic and overdone. I like it natural looking.

I've seen others do nice work with it but perhaps I should revisit the software again.

Great work. I really like the depth of 3. #1 looks real clean and is a cool shot
Thanks Mysh :biggrin:

Nice work, Dez!

Same experience here, BTW, with HDR Efex Pro, so I'm sticking with Photomatix. R.C. Conception from Kelby Training has a new book coming out on HDR, maybe he has some recipes to make the Nik SW look more relaisitic.

Nice work, Dez!

Same experience here, BTW, with HDR Efex Pro, so I'm sticking with Photomatix. R.C. Conception from Kelby Training has a new book coming out on HDR, maybe he has some recipes to make the Nik SW look more relaisitic.
Thanks Klaus.

As for the HDR Efex Pro plugin, it adds 'overdone hdr-like effects' on a single image that you throw at it.

It doesn't merge multiple files of different exposures, which is what real hdr is intended for. To extend the range the camera couldn't do in one frame.

Sorry but HDR Efex Pro is too gimmicky IMO :cool:

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
Very natural looking, Dez and I really like the ballfield shot. I just can't get the hang of HDR. I have Photomatix, and have to admit to not using it at all. Maybe I should try again...

They are all great shots, and I am definitely going to try HDR soon.
I sometimes doubt if I should use it, because you see so many horrible artificial looking examples, but pictures like this convince me!

Thanks Klaus.

As for the HDR Efex Pro plugin, it adds 'overdone hdr-like effects' on a single image that you throw at it.

It doesn't merge multiple files of different exposures, which is what real hdr is intended for. To extend the range the camera couldn't do in one frame.

Sorry but HDR Efex Pro is too gimmicky IMO :cool:
Great set! I'm hugely biased but I love the first one ;)

BTW, Nik HDR Efex Pro does indeed merge multiple images:

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nik_hdr_efex_pro_review/

Very natural looking, Dez and I really like the ballfield shot. I just can't get the hang of HDR. I have Photomatix, and have to admit to not using it at all. Maybe I should try again...
Thanks and you should, when needed.

They are all great shots, and I am definitely going to try HDR soon.
I sometimes doubt if I should use it, because you see so many horrible artificial looking examples, but pictures like this convince me!
Thanks

Great set! I'm hugely biased but I love the first one ;)

BTW, Nik HDR Efex Pro does indeed merge multiple images:

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nik_hdr_efex_pro_review/
Thanks for the link. I didn't know. I assumed that it manipulated a single file.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom