HDR Moon shot.

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by RonS, Apr 20, 2007.

1. I need an ID here please. I pretty much can identify the object on the right, but what is on the left? Saturn? A star?

A HDR image made from two shots. 1 second for the planet?star? and 1/4 second for the moon. Both F13.

Shot around 9:45 pm 4/19/07. From my deck in Renton Washington.

[​IMG]

This is my first attempt around an hour earlier. Was I surprised when I loaded it into the computer. What a find! Check out the planet/star!

[​IMG]

Then I relalized I shot through the screen door.

2. Hi Ron,

It's Venus! Check out stellarium.org and their free software - shows the nighttime sky from wherever/whenever you choose.

Sean

3. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    You're picture turned out great. I was trying to work out getting the dark side of the moon to show up some but didn't have much luck. Couldn't get around the bright sliver blowing out and looking bad.

4. Screen door on not, Way cool! Print that one out and hang on the wall.

5. Thanks Sean. That site looks pretty good. I will definitely give the SW a try.

6. I tried that also, the exposure needs to be so long the motion of the earth and moon blurred the image, so I gave up.

I thought about one of those motor drive thingys, but this is another slippery slope, just like shooting your first bird. Pretty soon you own a 500 mm F4.5, big tripod, etc.

7. Thanks Mark.

8. Wow, great program. Just loaded it.

Especially on my Dell 24" monitor. Almost as good as being outside.

9. Sean, thanks so much for this link - fabulous program. Can't wait to use it up at the lake for time lapse star trail photography! Just what I needed.

10. Glad you guys like it - it sure beats buying Starry Night Pro at $150!

11. Sancho

Sancho

May 21, 2007
    Arkansas & Belize
    Love the photos, Thanks
    Checked out link: Very Helpful

12. Thanks Sancho.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The second one is really nice:>))))

14. Add my thanks for the link to Stellarium.

15. Great, I think some people may be adding some screen frames to their shooting bags! Good stuff!