HDR Moon shot.

I need an ID here please. I pretty much can identify the object on the right, but what is on the left? Saturn? A star?

A HDR image made from two shots. 1 second for the planet?star? and 1/4 second for the moon. Both F13.

Shot around 9:45 pm 4/19/07. From my deck in Renton Washington.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is my first attempt around an hour earlier. Was I surprised when I loaded it into the computer. What a find! Check out the planet/star!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then I relalized I shot through the screen door.

You're picture turned out great. I was trying to work out getting the dark side of the moon to show up some but didn't have much luck. Couldn't get around the bright sliver blowing out and looking bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're picture turned out great. I was trying to work out getting the dark side of the moon to show up some but didn't have much luck. Couldn't get around the bright sliver blowing out and looking bad.

I tried that also, the exposure needs to be so long the motion of the earth and moon blurred the image, so I gave up.

I thought about one of those motor drive thingys, but this is another slippery slope, just like shooting your first bird. Pretty soon you own a 500 mm F4.5, big tripod, etc.

Sean, thanks so much for this link - fabulous program. Can't wait to use it up at the lake for time lapse star trail photography! Just what I needed.

Hi Ron,

It's Venus! Check out stellarium.org and their free software - shows the nighttime sky from wherever/whenever you choose.

Sean

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom