1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HDR panoramas of Long Beach skyline

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by e_No, Jul 31, 2009.

1. e_No

e_No

May 16, 2009
    Downey, CA
    Long Beach, CA, shot with D80 on tripod, VR70-300mm @200mm for the first one, VR16-85mm @ 72mm for the second one.

Click on the thumbnails to see the larger images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StinkyD

StinkyD

Nov 29, 2008
    Utah
    Very cool. Anyone looking at this, be sure to click to see the bigger size to appreciate it.

I particularly like the first one.

How did you do the HDR? This is something I've been thinking about playing around with.

3. Gort

Gort

Mar 10, 2008
    Phoenix
    Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

4. SteveM10

SteveM10

Jun 5, 2009
    Parrish, FL
    Very nice.

5. e_No

e_No

May 16, 2009
    Downey, CA
    I'm using PTGui PRo on the tail end. I've been looking for a package that did both panoramas and HDRs in one pass, and PTGui came highly recommended for this task. It's a little on the pricey side for my taste (around $200 USD), but well worth it. I've been going through some of my previous attempts, where I had to HDR each frame prior to stitching (very painful), and PTGui does a very good job -- much better than I did in some cases.

BTW, my answer wouldn't be full if I didn't also mention the shooting setup: tripod mounted and leveled, bracketted 3 exposures with remote shutter release, ISO 100, and lots of patience.

6. Very well done eNo. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
    David

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Awesome! 2nd one is my favorite!

8. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    Very nice, i like the purple on the light tower.

9. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Great work, and nice blog BTW.

10. Well done. I need to get up there more often. Thanks for sharing.

11. Thanks for showing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.