HDR panoramas of Long Beach skyline

Long Beach, CA, shot with D80 on tripod, VR70-300mm @200mm for the first one, VR16-85mm @ 72mm for the second one.

Click on the thumbnails to see the larger images:

Very cool. Anyone looking at this, be sure to click to see the bigger size to appreciate it.

I particularly like the first one.

How did you do the HDR? This is something I've been thinking about playing around with.

How did you do the HDR? This is something I've been thinking about playing around with.

I'm using PTGui PRo on the tail end. I've been looking for a package that did both panoramas and HDRs in one pass, and PTGui came highly recommended for this task. It's a little on the pricey side for my taste (around $200 USD), but well worth it. I've been going through some of my previous attempts, where I had to HDR each frame prior to stitching (very painful), and PTGui does a very good job -- much better than I did in some cases.

BTW, my answer wouldn't be full if I didn't also mention the shooting setup: tripod mounted and leveled, bracketted 3 exposures with remote shutter release, ISO 100, and lots of patience.

Latest threads

Top Bottom