1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HDR Practice

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by j13jjs, Aug 6, 2008.

1. j13jjs

j13jjs

Aug 4, 2008
    Atlanta
    These are in order earliest to latest as far as when I took them, I've learned a lot along the way and encourage constructive criticism on any of my work, I want to do better! Using both Photomatix and HDR Soft depending on what I want to get out of the shot and how much time I want to spend on post processing.

stormapproaching.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 235255

View attachment 235256

View attachment 235257

View attachment 235258

View attachment 235259

DSC_1964_5_6.jpg

DSC_1897_8_9.jpg

Did those last few HDR because they were fairly important and I wanted as mush flexibility as possible in post processing.

All of these are triple exposure of -2, 0, and +2.

Comments?

2. It looks like you've got some dusty sensor issues.

I think the last two are terrific, especially the one of the lockers in the hall.

3. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    u need to clean ur sensor

4. j13jjs

j13jjs

Aug 4, 2008
    Atlanta
    Are you referring to the specs in the more intense HDR shots at the top? Those were just part of some of the effects added by HDR Soft.

The most recent pictures out of all of those are the bottom ones of the school and don't seem to show any problems.

Please correct me if I'm missing something.

5. Bear78

Bear78

Jul 26, 2008
    Colorado
    The little black blurry dots are dust. Just get a little blower and every time you change a lens blow out the body.

As for HDR, try taking more shots. I think 3 shot HDR's look kinda weird.

This was my first attempt at HDR. It's 9 shots. I had to do nine because of the extreme range from top to bottom.
    [​IMG]

I use photomatix

You have a good start just keep doing it.

6. j13jjs

j13jjs

Aug 4, 2008
    Atlanta
    Wow 9 shots? How do you keep the clouds from ghosting with the time it takes to take 9 different shots? Is the built in auto-align function able to do it that well?

7. There is dust on your sensor. Notice how it's in the same place in each of the images, and I can see it in the class room shot, but it's not as noticeable. My guess is that for the landscapes, you were stopping down significantly (f/16 or more).

8. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    All are nice - #2 is my favorite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.