HDR with CS5

Shot this(these) today at Sweetwater Creek here in Georgia. It's a composite of three exposures using CS5 HDR tools to merge them together.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Can you get rid of the green/blue in the water and background?

Try changing the WB or color balance in the dark exposure only. Then redo the HDR.

I've changed my HDR workflow recently and I'm very happy with it. I use CS5 merge to HDR and then save merged files as an exr file. I then open that file in Photomatix 4 and tonemap there. Finally I bring into LR and process the file with final touch up in PS if necessary.

The reason for this work is 1) PS does a great job of aligning and merging with very little grain, plus the deghosting feature is really nice; 2) I really like the way Photomatix handles tonemapping. I'm just not satisfied with PS tonemapping yet.

I know this seems convoluted, but I've been happy with the results and get the best of both programs. Sharp beautiful merges from PS and that nice tonally quality that Photomatix gives tonemapping.

Here's one that I did with this method. 3 shot HDR, handheld.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've changed my HDR workflow recently and I'm very happy with it. I use CS5 merge to HDR and then save merged files as an exr file. I then open that file in Photomatix 4 and tonemap there. Finally I bring into LR and process the file with final touch up in PS if necessary.

The reason for this work is 1) PS does a great job of aligning and merging with very little grain, plus the deghosting feature is really nice; 2) I really like the way Photomatix handles tonemapping. I'm just not satisfied with PS tonemapping yet.

I know this seems convoluted, but I've been happy with the results and get the best of both programs. Sharp beautiful merges from PS and that nice tonally quality that Photomatix gives tonemapping.

Here's one that I did with this method. 3 shot HDR, handheld.
http://jriceco.smugmug.com/Photography/Fort-Worth/Control-Room-2/1189547375_eKWfi-XL.jpg
That's a nice shot man. Photoshop did do a good job lining these up. I never even considered shooting images to be merged, handheld.

MrCricket, nice job on holding back on the throttle. I have not yet gotten as good results with PS CS5 handheld, as I always have what looks like overlapping images. Yours is doubly great as you have birds and people in the scene without ghosting at all. Does PS CS5 really do that so well?

That's a nice shot man. Photoshop did do a good job lining these up. I never even considered shooting images to be merged, handheld.
Thanks.

Shooting handheld used to never be an option, but CS5 does an amazing job. I still would rather use a tripod, but in a case like this (sunlit and no tripod with me) I go ahead and try it. So far I've been amazed at how crisp an image CS5 creates.

MrCricket, nice job on holding back on the throttle. I have not yet gotten as good results with PS CS5 handheld, as I always have what looks like overlapping images. Yours is doubly great as you have birds and people in the scene without ghosting at all. Does PS CS5 really do that so well?
Throttle holding is hard sometimes--I like vibrant images--but this seemed right to me for this shot. Glad you liked it. And to answer your question, yes I've found CS5 does a really nice job on ghosting. Normally I'd remove the guys and the birds in an image like this, but CS5 handle the movement so well I left them in.