1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HDR's local links type golf club.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bestgolfer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hullo, a couple of HDR'S taken from my golf club, here in Australia.

Have posted similar shots on DP Review to............. mixed responses. (mostly favourable)

Taken on a tripod in windy conditions, have just received a wireless remote which should assist in reducing hand induced movement when firing the shutter.

Photomatix was the program of choice......PP in Apple Aperture 2. The shots were a 3 exposure shoot, have tried up to 9 in the recent past.

Not to everyone's taste......!!

Hope you get something out of them.

2795658792_91231c6f25_b.

2794816251_aff336b76c_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Have used the icon for comment, but nothing!

Re my HDR images as above........, have used the comment icon, as requested, but NO comments at all!!

Is normal, or does it mean the images are of no interest to anybody??

A bit discouraging!

3. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

I like them Sir :smile:
    Maybe the clouds look a bit dirty i.e. just a tad too grey.
    But, overall well done :smile:

4. I like the first one better, although the colors are a bit saturated.

5. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Hi there -

Don't be discouraged my the lack of response - this website was down for most of the day yesterday, and a lot of people probably don't know it's back up yet. I found out myself last nite, but by then I was too pooped to check anything out.

As to your photos, I like the subject matter, especially #1, but I have to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of HDR, because some users tend to oversaturate, causing the photo to look sort of fake. I'm not saying you had a heavy hand with the HDR technique (I seen some reaaaallly oversaturated photos), I'm saying that perhaps, I might enjoy the photos better in their natural state.

Do you have copies of the original photos, without the HDR? And, if so, would you be willing to post them? I would really like to see to make a comparison...

Have a great day, 'BestGolfer'!

6. Thanks for looking and the feedback.

7. Thanks for that, OK will look at the saturation issue...... appreciate the time you took to comment.

8. Thanks will have a look for the original set of images, and thanks for the explanation.

I do agree HDR is not everyone's 'cup of tea'......there is quite a learning curve.....I am not there yet!

9. Wow, I am glad I saw these this morning Ron. I have just started to dab in HDR myself (Photomatix) and love the potential.
    Your images are a fine example of this technique, just lovely.
    They remind me of Ballybunion, a seaside course in Ireland of spectacular raw beauty.
    This gave me my "golf fix" for the day :smile:.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ron, I have little experience with HDR photography, but all I can do is view your images and say "WOW!" I think they are beautiful, thanks so much for sharing your images.

11. Ron

These are really nice. I am not into pp but these HDR are great, there are not over the
    top like some of the ones I see. Great job and thanks for posting.

http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com

Take care Dwayne Oakes

12. Thanks Frits, you will find PM to be among the best HDR programs.

I am familiar with Ballybunion (have not played there) but am lucky enough to be a member of one of the best courses in this country. (being in Australia, that's saying something...don't mean to boast) The course had input from the famous Scottish golf architect Allistair Mackenzie....OVER 100 years young!!

Thanks for your comment on the pics.

13. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    I think these are great, very nicely done. I love HDR personally.

14. Thanks Dwayne, and hullo to a Canadian 'cousin'.

15. It's a pleasure Frank.

16. Thanks Lisa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.