He is gone...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's good Ronnie!!
Nice composition although I'd like to see it with the ear less obvious as it takes my attention from the eyes.

Very, Very nice. The lighting and shadows, composition, processing.... all first class!

Thanks guys, always nice to hear some positive feedback.

I actually messed around with the crop for ages because of the ear. This was the best I could come up with. When cropping tighter I found the context of the window blinds being too weak and I didn't like the lines anymore. In this crop I didn't like the forehead and the ear but prefered the lines. Blacking out the ear left too much dark on the right side of the picture. In the end I darkened the forehead and the ear quite a bit to make them less dominant.

If you want to try something like this, make sure the model is really crying. Doing the tear and the glassy eye in post was a PAIN :p

Excellent job. I don't mind the ear as some others have said. The odd thing that I find bothering me the most, is that her 'make-up tear' ends behind the blind. I know its weird, but never being able to see the 'end' of the trail on her face, is what I notice.

But that doesn't take anything away from the photograph. Just a little tiny nit-pick. Great job and the B&W is spot on for this shot my friend! Great work.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom