1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

he landed safely

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by omarma, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Remember I'm new to dslr so still shooting in auto, but I think I got one or 2 good ones. I'm not sure how interesting they are.
    Am I posting these pictures correctly???? I'm seeing the red x in the preview.
    I have lurked for a long time but never really tried to post.

[​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26579849@N04/2812811748/

2. here you go...fixed for you!
    2812811748_4bf85318b7.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    I took a quick look at your set that you posted to flicker. You are right you got some good shots of the action. Just a few notes, welcome to the Cafe, you may want to go introduce yourself in the new members area. If you choose, add a signature to your posts with your first name. People are friendly around here and like to address others by there first name.

In the other thread that was started by you someone suggested dialing in exposure compensation. You can see the need for that in some of your photos where your husband is in shadows and everything else around him is bright.

The shot I think you got the best was one of him flying overhead where he fills up the full frame. I didn't link to it but I would post that one here, generally you want your subject of interest to be a big as possible in the photo.

Another note the little black spot between the two trees, that is dust on your sensor. Not a big deal very easily removed in photoshop and you can clean it off the sensor as well. My suggestion is grab the manual for the camera and learn where some of the controls are so when someone suggests -1 ev you know how to do it. Hit the local bookstore and see if any books there are helpful. Keep posting.

hope this Helps

4. thank you Patrick

Thanks for looking and for all the great advice, profile coming up.
    I do have Brian Petersons "Understanding Exposure" and have read most of it and like it a lot. I may have to read through it all a couple of times hah.
    What I really need now is a lesson posting pics. The one shot you referred to was my favorite also and the one I initially tried to post. All the others were a little blurry or pixely?

5. PDuany

PDuany

Aug 10, 2005
    NH
    Not a problem. Keep posting and you will get, more and better advice from others. The book you have is a good one and falls into the technique category, you need either the manual, or a guide book on the D40 to translate technique into which button to push to get what affect. There is a FAQ around that explains posting images, if you want critiques on an image there is an icon to select as well.

6. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Glad he landed safely!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.