HEAD SHOT -vs- PORTRAIT

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ok a cousin wants me to shoot head-shots of her...she's a country western singer (wanna-be)...and she wants head shots - not portraits...would you go in this close for head shots or would you pull back a bit? This isn't her...this is me.

Nice image but darkl
This is shadow highlights in PSCS2 and a touch of smart sharpen

Hope you do not mind

For head shots, normally they'd want you to pull back a touch, see the hair etc but my experience has only been with actors, not CW singers. Try to get a full earring into the shot as well for some dazzle, and of course, a nice BIG smile.

WOW Gale I love what you did to my face...it's so much brighter...I should've thought of that - thanks so much.

Also the earring is a nice touch...thanks for the comment. :biggrin:

For headshots, I would definitely take it back a bit. The shot you posted is under exposed a bit, and since I wasn't doing anything, I decided to do a quick fix on it...hope you don't mind... Levels adjustment, and USM...

Oh, and I forgot to mention, you're gorgeous!! :biggrin:

As everyone else has said, the crop is a bit tight... just a basic levels and brightness/contrast adjustment does wonders for the shot.

You're a very beautiful lady... surprised we haven't seen more... :wink:

Good job Keith and of course Seneca for taking it. you look very pretty in this shot. Many head shots are close in but I agree with the rest I would pull back a little.

Thank you Brian & Gordon...this ole gal loves comments like those you gave...:redface: Good Job Keith...I like it.

Thanks again for all the comments...I'll make sure and loosen up my lens a bit. I'll post the picture of my cousin when I take it.

You guys rock...thanks again. :smile:

Nice portrait! As others have mentioned, it's a little dark...and Keith's looked a little too sharp for me...so here's my effort...beautiful lady, by the way...

Thank you all for the nice comments...and of course the help on the photo itself.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom