Head to Tail (2 Photos)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Mar 31, 2007.

1. OK this tail shot didn't come easy this morning, as he was not at all very helpful to me. He came in with the rest for some corn but no strutting. After he had his fill he wandered out into the pasture lot and I had a small zoom on so I had to go back and get the 500 + a 1.4 and off my monopod I took these two. The fan (#2) is a FF and I could not fit him all in so I choose showing the tail plumage as I was ask for a tail fanned out. I just cropped out some of the sides. The same with the head but I did bump it up to 25% for cropping. I hope you enjoy
    Lou

#1 Head shot of a younger bird
    440782121_ecc5855d5c_o.

#2 The King of the Olderbark Mountain (so far) as the spring hune will be opening soon
    View attachment 87746

2. Want to add one more view of the rear of the fay tail of the Tom Turkey
    440828198_b1709f094e_o.

3. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    I know you were going for the tail shot Lou, but I really like that first one. Cute little guy.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That first youngin looks like some body been pickin his feathers. Great shot
    But yekess is he ugly..lolol

Now that Tom is quite the strutter.
    Beautiful display of the feathers.
    Nice shots

5. Impressive fan on that boy!!!

6. Yum, I'm thinking Thanksgiving dinner! Great shots BTW!

7. Thanks Baxter, yes someone ask me for a tail faned out and I was trying to get just this but you are right about the first one. A youngster and well I kind of like the way they look but so many people don't. I really like the turkeys and I love haveing them around my place just about all day. I got a great head shot this morning of the big Tom. I'll post it a bit later.
    Lou

8. Hi Gale well if you think that youngster is HUMMMM UGLY I wont tell him what you said wait till you see the head shot I got this morning of Mr. Big.
    Post it later and thanks for the look.
    Lou

9. Thanks Gretchen for the look and yes he is quite the good looking Tom for sure. Amazing bird the wild turkey. could have been our national bird but lost by one vote in 1789 to the bald eagle. Was Ben Franklyn's favorite bird and he pushed hard to get it to be the national bird.
    Lou

10. Dianne I hope you got a big oven and what are you going to do with all those feathers. But to tell the truth I think you will be better off with a nice Butterball:biggrin: Thank you for looking
    Lou