Heads of the Jays

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

Been "bogged" down with "work" if you can call it that, lately. Got my first "big job" as a photographer and learning a few lessons as you might imagine. Haven't had much time to process any of my own stuff, but I've still been shooting of course.
    Have a real friendly family group of Florida Scrub-jays I've been dealing with lately and a couple of them are not camera shy. These are minimally cropped head shots as I literally had to take a step or two back just so I could focus...
    original.

View attachment 86627

View attachment 86628

View attachment 86629

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    These look good. I find that this is one tough subject to get close to.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Man, you were close Thomas. Very nice set.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are very friendly birds
    Very pretty

5. Now there's something you don't see often! Great close ups!!

Nice running into you at the airshow, too. It was great chatting! :)

6. Thanks everyone. I'm a pretty lucky guy to have these birds as my work subjects. While I get paid to observe and band them, to be able to photograph them is a definite perk!

Thanks Gale.

These birds are quite curious by nature, but on the Cape we don't encourage the various stunts that they do elsewhere in the state. There are 2 or 3 birds that will take a peanut out of our hands while perched on a branch but we only do that when they get nosey and perch so close! :biggrin:

7. Good to see you Kevin! I've yet to sit down with enough time to look at what I came up with from the air show. I trust you got some goodies?

8. Great images, Thomas! Well done.

9. I just finished processing about 100 of them and put them into 3 galleries on my website in my signature. Have a peek if you've got nothing better to do. :wink:

10. Beautiful photos, Thomas.

11. Thanks Sandi and Phil. Appreciate you lookin'! :wink:

12. Kevin, AWESOME job on the air show dude!!!! Got some good rotation on some of those props too, way to go! Couldn't ask for a more perfect blue sky than the one we had that day, eh? Gotta get crackin on my shots and hope I got half as many good ones as you!