Heads of the Jays

Hey Everybirdy,

Been "bogged" down with "work" if you can call it that, lately. Got my first "big job" as a photographer and learning a few lessons as you might imagine. Haven't had much time to process any of my own stuff, but I've still been shooting of course.
Have a real friendly family group of Florida Scrub-jays I've been dealing with lately and a couple of them are not camera shy. These are minimally cropped head shots as I literally had to take a step or two back just so I could focus...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 86627

View attachment 86628

View attachment 86629

Thanks everyone. I'm a pretty lucky guy to have these birds as my work subjects. While I get paid to observe and band them, to be able to photograph them is a definite perk!

They are very friendly birds
Very pretty
Thanks Gale.

These birds are quite curious by nature, but on the Cape we don't encourage the various stunts that they do elsewhere in the state. There are 2 or 3 birds that will take a peanut out of our hands while perched on a branch but we only do that when they get nosey and perch so close! :biggrin:

Good to see you Kevin! I've yet to sit down with enough time to look at what I came up with from the air show. I trust you got some goodies?
I just finished processing about 100 of them and put them into 3 galleries on my website in my signature. Have a peek if you've got nothing better to do. :wink:

I just finished processing about 100 of them and put them into 3 galleries on my website in my signature. Have a peek if you've got nothing better to do. :wink:

Kevin, AWESOME job on the air show dude!!!! Got some good rotation on some of those props too, way to go! Couldn't ask for a more perfect blue sky than the one we had that day, eh? Gotta get crackin on my shots and hope I got half as many good ones as you!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom