heads up on a LaCie 500gb USB 2.0 Harddrive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbsmith, May 22, 2007.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
  2. Thanks Rex, just ordered one. Been thinking about adding one to my Apple Airport Extreme. I have had good luck with LaCie drives so far. If I don't with this one I can blame you.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Looks good! Notice the "online ranking" from yesterday's ranking of 2342 up to today's ranking of 3 ... up 77,967%! :eek:

- Jay

4. I had a 250gb LaCie external HD die on me, but at this price I'll probably get it. My old 80gb LaCie external HD is still chugging along fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Now Larry, I just put the idea in your head. You're the one that acted on it.:eek::biggrin:

This is the first LaCie that I have ordered. But I have had good luck with Buy.com in the past. I missed a nice 22 inch wide screen monitor a couple of weeks ago. They were sold out before I made up my mind.

6. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Now it's at 2.... :eek:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy I would sure like 2 of those..
    Da.......m

I would go through all these dozens of cd's and throw them the he......l out

8. Count me in as one who contributed to its ascension!

9. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Thanks Rex, I have one on the way.

10. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Larry,

Please let us know how successful your connection with the Airport Extreme is. I read many reviews on the Apple website describing connection problems between the mac and a hard drive connected to Airport Extreme. I've been waiting until some I know gets one running before I buy one.

11. John, you will likely need to check with me in a couple of weeks. I ordered it using the free shipping as I was not in a hurry. If it is like most things the only reports are from those that had a problem. (often caused by not doing something correctly?) By the time two weeks have passed I know I will have forgotten to report, or if I remember I won't be able to find the thread.

:smile::biggrin:

12. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks, Larry. Final Cut Studio 2 was delivered tonight. A networked HD would be really handy. Good luck!

13. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Hey, That's what I did two days ago. :cool:

14. John, for storage or backup, yes. For working on videos you will want a FW800 drive or one in the computer.

So, tell John how hooking it up went. He has been reading of problems.:smile:

15. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I have 4) SATA 750Gb HD's in my mac Pro. I want a networked drive which will be left running all of the time to share photos with a 19" PhotoVu digital frame, and a convenient collector of photos from my wife's computer and mine.

16. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Guest

I will never buy a Lacie product again, I have lost ALOT of Data from their garbage drives.....

17. I'm waiting for the Big Brown Truck to bring me another 500 GB G-Tech G-Drive tomorrow....

18. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Well, by far you gentlemen have more knowledge on this subject than I. However, I simply used the airport utility found under utilities and followed the instructions to find the drive. It was very easy (the reason I like macs). As for me I have had lacie drives for about four years and never had a problem yet. I even took one apart and put it back together for fun and it works like one of my SIG pistols. Great ..... realiability!