Headshot opinions - final selection added

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Very nice, like the last best, maybe just a tighter crop? avoids that gap on left side, keeps her eyes on the ratio points too. Having looked at head shots for casting, and resumes, tighter tends to be better. Great lighting. My compliments. So used to seeing her on the water, lol.

00312C8B-0AF3-434B-9B9E-3703E4605FFF.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Wade. Normally I do crop headshots exactly as you describe keeping the left eye right at that mark. My daughter was trying to emulate a headshot she liked from an online source. The crop was much more loose as I cropped in the final image. I have mixed feelings, but the customer is always right.

Well done Mitch. Pleasant smile. Cheery. Professional. Warm posture.

One question .. did you take any where the camera was a little higher looking slightly down? It would be an interesting comparison.

Thanks, Walter. None from a higher vantage point this shoot. What are your thoughts?

Nicely done, heck I would use one of her waterski pictures.
Eons ago I was on one of the selection committees for a med school. I remember a candidate being discussed and moved to the top of a pile not because of his/her credentials, but because of the headshot. I am trying to remember, I think he was downhill skiing, I don't remember. The discussion was it was different than every other application. It made the application, and the candidate, stand out.
I wish her luck in her journeys.
gary

Thanks, Gary. Tough to make a candidate stand out from these types of headshots. I suspect these are just to put a face to the application as a reminder for the review committee.

My ENT chairman years ago would only select applicants who liked to hike and ski. We were a small department with only 8 residents and were more like a family. It was important for him to have all of us hike and ski together. Crazy selection process!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Thanks, Wade. Normally I do crop headshots exactly as you describe keeping the left eye right at that mark. My daughter was trying to emulate a headshot she liked from an online source. The crop was much more loose as I cropped in the final image. I have mixed feelings, but the customer is always right.
Exactly! Especially in regards to family. ;). Been there done that with my own daughter and dance images. Completely understand. :)

Real Name
Ken
Some headshots I’ve seen “look down” a little (the subject is looking slightly up). It lets you focus on the face and blur the body. For this purpose I think you have taken an excellent portrait.
I wonder if this also helps tighten up the skin under the chin by slightly elongating the neck.

--Ken

Real Name
Carl
They are all excellent, but I have to go with #2, for the simple reason that the bright background in #1 competes for attention. I don't know what the medical job market is like, but I think she will have no trouble finding a good position, whichever she chooses!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom