Headshot opinions - final selection added

I've looked at these several times and kept going back to #2, because it has a nice neutral, not-too-bright background and her outfit is well-suited to the situation -- the plain teal top as opposed to the maroon one with pleats (which I found somewhat distracting).

Good luck to her on submitting her applications!

Thanks, Connie. With any luck I may have a new partner in 6 years.

The lighting is flat. When I started with my usual ratios for this setup, she felt the shadows were a bit too strong. I wound up increasing my fill light to the point where it was just a bit under my main light. Perhaps I should have just gone with a clamshell setup like Walter posted a few days ago.

It is pretty easy to add a little bit of modeling in post production

51521-2-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Going into her 4th year already! She needs to consider residency applications in the next few months. This headshot will get tagged along with those when she submits them.

HOLY COW!!!!! Fourth year already?//!!!! Yeah, time DOES fly, doesn't it? So, yes, the headshot will be very important with her applications for residencies.....

Nicely done, heck I would use one of her waterski pictures.
Eons ago I was on one of the selection committees for a med school. I remember a candidate being discussed and moved to the top of a pile not because of his/her credentials, but because of the headshot. I am trying to remember, I think he was downhill skiing, I don't remember. The discussion was it was different than every other application. It made the application, and the candidate, stand out.
I wish her luck in her journeys.
gary

I like this headshot the best -- she looks alert, friendly, approachable and caring, all traits highly desirable, of course, in an MD. Her academic record will speak for itself along with comments about her performance in the various rotations during med school.

Fingers crossed that she gets the residency she wants at the location she wants!

Latest threads

Top Bottom