Headshots from this weekend

Discussion in 'People' started by ednaz, Jun 30, 2005.

1. A few headshots from shooting on Saturday. The studio was fantastic, but not air conditioned, and we had to break every 15 minutes to deal with melting makeup. Simple light setup, allowed us to do everything from these headshots to full length shots of four with cocktails in hand. Pictures of the range of stuff shot later.

Lighting: 1200ws Elinchrom monolight at about 30degrees to photographer right, with large Photek octagonal softbox centered at eye level (I LOVE the light from that box). Set for F16 plus or minus one stop depending on skin and clothing color of subjects. Light between 70 and 90 degrees to left, 600ws Elinchrom monolight with Photogenic large rectangular softbox, as fill light (two stops below main light sometimes, although for some group shots, one stop below main.) Elinchrom 600ws monolight on high stand bounced into white umbrella 90degrees to right, aimed to minimize backdrop lighting but give some hair separation, about 3 1/2 stops below main light.

Janice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rosalee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments?

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Talk about being less than ideal shooting conditions! But it looks as though you handled it all well. I think the last shot is my favorite. The red dress and the bright red lipstick on the model really work....it's interesting in that she looks as though she would be just your average wholesome girl next door...but you captured something....some "VA-VA-VOOOM"....Well done. Can't wait to see more!