Headshots

Hi All,

I have a child Headshot session coming up and wanted to know what to offer in my package.

Currently my fee is $150. Included is 1 hr of photographing and between 5-10 edited pics.

My question is, would you give fully high res pics, or web sized pics? If web sized, would you also attach your logo? Also if web sized, do you offer the fully high res pics at a higher price available for an additional purchace?

I am not sure how to set this up. All the help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Salvatore

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken headshots for friends in the past, which have led me to this point- nothing paid, so nothing set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
One hour for headshots? Is that in studio? I'd understand an hour if you were following the kid around, but an hour seems excessive in the studio for just a headshot. Even with 2-3 clothing changes I'd still be looking at 30-40 minutes, max.

Much appreciated on the time, 30min seems reasonable. Any input on my above questions?

Hi Salvatore,

I checked your web site, and under pricing you say that digital files and/or prints are not included in the $150 price. Have you made some other arrangement with the parents? Are they expecting the files and/or prints? What are they going to do with the images?

I would probably be inclined to give them web-sized images with my logo *AFTER* they had purchased prints....and only the web-sized images of the prints they purchase.

I would only hand over high-res images with a full understanding of what they're going to use them for, and then only for that use. For example, you don't want your full size, high-res file on the cover of the "Baby Gap" catalog, "Parenting" magazine, etc. for a $150 session fee.

Hope this helps,

as a general rule when freelancing: i charge $150/hour (or part thereof, minimum of 2 hours) with a camera in my hand + $75/hour (or part thereof) i need to spend on the computer + mileage @ $0.75c/km + all out of pocket expenses.

for that, my clients get a disc of ready-to-print, full res images with a folder of web-ready pix.

John and Sambo,

That is just what I was looking for. I appreciate that information. Thanks a bunch.

Salvatore

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom