Heaven's Door

HeavensDoor-X2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good photo but unfortunate circumstances.

Great shot Steve, but isn`t it sloping to the right a bit ?

Sorry, but I notice slopes now after posting one of mine and getting told about it. lol :)

Very poignant image, great title, and great song! In the words of Robert De Niro, "You have a gift!"
Still a work in progress Doss! Thanks.
Steve, sad...
Agree Friend.
Great shot Steve, but isn`t it sloping to the right a bit ?

Sorry, but I notice slopes now after posting one of mine and getting told about it. lol :)
John that street in Boston slopes to the right:wink: Seriously, good eye! I definitely noticed & had a hard time with the crop & straightening! If anyone wants to have a crack at it, please do! Thanks for noticing. :smile:
Oh my! What a thought provoking image. One word, "excellent"!

SAamuel
Thank You Samuel!

I have two ways of straightening an image.

One is in Photoshop. I make use of guides. When I rotate I keep my eye on the guide and a straight line right next to or under it when it aligns then I know that it is right.

The other is in Lightroom. I found this cheat sometime ago while randomly pressing keys. If you go to the resize tab and hold in control you follow a straight line then when you leave it the picture rotates itself to the correct line.

I have two ways of straightening an image.

One is in Photoshop. I make use of guides. When I rotate I keep my eye on the guide and a straight line right next to or under it when it aligns then I know that it is right.

The other is in Lightroom. I found this cheat sometime ago while randomly pressing keys. If you go to the resize tab and hold in control you follow a straight line then when you leave it the picture rotates itself to the correct line.
Ferdi, that's the Easy Way! I Love it! Thanks!
So real so sad!
I know Ky..thanks for stopping by.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.

Here yer go Steve, never realised you could level stuff until I posted a sloper and got told about it. Then I had a look in View2NX and it has a slider bar to adjust it, all this new fangled stuff to cope with. :smile: Great picture and invokes a lot of thoughts.

[URL]http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss237/dadyassa/HeavensDoor-X2_zps905a5708.jpg[/URL]

I can see where you are coming from John BUT. I for one prefer the original image.It says that the poor unfortunate lad is the reason this photograph was taken and anything els is pure incidental.
Good on you Steve.Wonderful shot.:wink:
Cheers.
Mike

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Very good picture. For me it symbolizes what may happen when society changes in a way that makes places of worship must close their doors.
(and the government does not take its responsibility...)

I can see where you are coming from John BUT. I for one prefer the original image.It says that the poor unfortunate lad is the reason this photograph was taken and anything els is pure incidental.
Good on you Steve.Wonderful shot.:wink:
Cheers.
Mike

Very good picture. For me it symbolizes what may happen when society changes in a way that makes places of worship must close their doors.
(and the government does not take its responsibility...)

Mike,Rob, Appreciate Your Views & Comments!

D

Deleted member 960

I like it listing to the right in the original, fits the theme. Always a pleasure seeing your work Steve! What part of the 3rd world did you take this :-/, yes,
sad.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom