Heavy Birds...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Desert Rat, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Eric, I do like the BW conversion. Looks great. I also like the crop on "Outward Bound". Great work!

2. thanks Kim

3. Wish I Was There

Pictures look great!

Noah

4. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Eric,
    great shots. Only thing you are missing in that last pic is a B-2:) I wish I lived closer to an airforce base.

5. Thanks.. Actually they did not fly the B-2 that show... it was only static display...
    Thanks

6. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    Eric:

I checked out your airshow galleries, very nice. I shot the Blue Angels on Sunday, my 1st airshow, and I have a new found appreciation for this stuff.

Well Done
    wembley

7. Excellent photos. Love the BUFF all dirtied up.

8. Love your photos. I see C-17's often around Tacoma. And I saw many B-52's over the years I lived on SAC bases.

Perhaps the most awesome sight I ever saw at an airfield was of a B-52/KC-135 MITO (Minimum Interval Take Off). Usually involved about 10-12 aircraft, and the idea was to get them all off the ground quickly. Imagine three B-52's on a single runway ... one lifting off, one at about the 50% point, and one just begging to roll. Black smoke everywhere and incredible noise. By the time number 8 or 9 was taking off, the air was so messed up that the wings would really rock back and forth. Really something to see.

Again, love your shots!! Thanks.

Ken

9. An other great series, I really like that B&W B52, looks like an original shot of the 60's.