Heineken's "Heinikon" camera case!

A Dutch company not known for making photo equipment asked if I could field-test and promote their new camera case. They promised it to be light weight, affordable and offer easy access but at the cost of skimpy padding and lack of waterproofing. I'm not too concerned since the only time I have a full photo kit is when shooting roadside scenics, where I find photo backpacks to be a bit of an overkill. It is also airline carry-on legal but again, with the lack of padding, I would reserve it to transport duty on roadtrips.

I had my doubts and was hesitant at first, but they sent me a case of beer with it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From left, going clockwise: Cleaning kit, color gels, diffuser, cable release, two SB-800s, 10.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye, 35mm f/2, D200 with 12-24mm f/4 mounted, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, and filters.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Packed up, and ready to go!

Fantastic!! How was the beer?

Not sure that it works as theft deterant. There are probably as many people who would break into your car to steal beer as there are people who would break in to get your gear. Doh!

The thief will be mighty suprised at the contents of this beer case:>))))))

That is funny though

Fantastic!! How was the beer?

Not sure that it works as theft deterant. There are probably as many people who would break into your car to steal beer as there are people who would break in to get your gear. Doh!
Yeah, and probably look at the stuff and say, "Now what am I supposed to do with all this 'crap'? All I wanted was a few beers!" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

L

LisaR

Put the camera equipment in the "Heinikon" camera "case", then drop the case into a Depends "all weather" plastic protector bag ....... think that might work to hold off people trying to get it out of your car?? :eek:)

T

topher04r1

LMAO jeff !!! you have WAY to much time on your hands man ... !!!

R

Removed User 2

Thiefs steal for ALCOHOL or DRUGS... You're risking more then just keeping your camera right on the seat, IMO. :smile:

Heh...thanks for the comments. It wasn't so much for theft deterrence as it was to see if I can sell my $200 camera pack and use the money toward something else instead.

Drinktank photo :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom