Heineken's "Heinikon" camera case!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skunkabilly, Apr 20, 2007.

1. A Dutch company not known for making photo equipment asked if I could field-test and promote their new camera case. They promised it to be light weight, affordable and offer easy access but at the cost of skimpy padding and lack of waterproofing. I'm not too concerned since the only time I have a full photo kit is when shooting roadside scenics, where I find photo backpacks to be a bit of an overkill. It is also airline carry-on legal but again, with the lack of padding, I would reserve it to transport duty on roadtrips.

I had my doubts and was hesitant at first, but they sent me a case of beer with it.

[​IMG]
    From left, going clockwise: Cleaning kit, color gels, diffuser, cable release, two SB-800s, 10.5mm f/2.8 Fisheye, 35mm f/2, D200 with 12-24mm f/4 mounted, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, and filters.

[​IMG]
    Packed up, and ready to go!

2. Fantastic!! How was the beer?

Not sure that it works as theft deterant. There are probably as many people who would break into your car to steal beer as there are people who would break in to get your gear. Doh!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The thief will be mighty suprised at the contents of this beer case:>))))))

That is funny though

4. Just remember...photograph responsibile!

5. As the old adage goes " the fun is in getting there1".

6. And here I am actually considering buying a Domke F-2 when I can could have that!!!

7. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    That looks like a camera bag (read: thief magnet). I would prefer something more discrete. LOL.

8. Yeah, and probably look at the stuff and say, "Now what am I supposed to do with all this 'crap'? All I wanted was a few beers!" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

9. LisaR

LisaR Guest

Put the camera equipment in the "Heinikon" camera "case", then drop the case into a Depends "all weather" plastic protector bag ....... think that might work to hold off people trying to get it out of your car?? :eek:)

10. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

LMAO jeff !!! you have WAY to much time on your hands man ... !!!

11. And here in Ontario this would be governed by the L.C.B.O - the Lens Control Board of Ontario!

12. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    In this neighborhood that would be stolen before a nice new D2x sitting on the seat of a convertible.

13. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Now we all know what happens when you drink 24 beers at once, you get creative.:biggrin: - Jeff

14. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

15. Thiefs steal for ALCOHOL or DRUGS... You're risking more then just keeping your camera right on the seat, IMO. :smile:

16. blessedLens

blessedLens

Apr 20, 2007
    Maryland
  17. midi

midi Guest

Hahahaaa, brilliant!

18. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

19. Courtland

Courtland

Oct 19, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    To make it theft deterrent, just use an Old Milwaukee case instead. Then you can put The Beast in The Beast.

20. Heh...thanks for the comments. It wasn't so much for theft deterrence as it was to see if I can sell my $200 camera pack and use the money toward something else instead.

Drinktank photo :biggrin: