Hell has frozen over. ( warning many pics) part 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CraigH., Jul 2, 2005.

1. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Yes folks, I have photos of real live people. Was kind oftricked/ forced into shooting this wedding, at their own risk ofcourse. So go easy on me, never done anything like this before. the light durring the ceremony was not ideal.very harsh and contrasty. heres a quick rundown.

the couple, Dave and Jess
    original.

the band
    View attachment 11409

the bride with maids
    View attachment 11410

flower girl
    View attachment 11411

here comes the bride
    View attachment 11412

View attachment 11413

The father reluctantly surrenders his daughter to my friend David
    View attachment 11414

Ceremony. was catching some flare
    View attachment 11415

View attachment 11416

View attachment 11417

View attachment 11418

Continued: see "part 2" post

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Craig,

You are right, the light was harsh, but you did pretty good. I certainly think that the couple will like what you did. Very relaxed looking atmosphere. :wink:

3. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    thankyou Frank. I hope so.
    Yes is was. felt overdressed, was wearing a suit.lol

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey Craig - those look great! I especially like the musicians in the grass - don't tell me, bluegrass? The bare feet on the b&g are really cool. In fact they are a cute couple and the bride is just darling. Dave looks like he knows he's the luckiest guy on earth. I'm sure these pics will be passed around until they are worn out.

Juging from your shots and the big smiles on everybody, I'd say you had a blast, eh?

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Chris. yeah, it was pretty fun. bluegrass /folkish.

6. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Honestly, that looks like the nicest wedding I have ever seen.

What a break from sweating in a suit while some priest drones on in a dark, forboding church.

These are very nice pictures, I think they captured the vent VERY well. Sure you could have pp or done lots of stuff on site to change the lighting, but that wouldn;t go with the spirit of the event at all, I think your pictures are just right.

Did you use the kit lens?

Perhaps consider using TTL-BLL fill flash, but mostly I see you positioned yourself and the light to avoid any shadows on faces, which is toucg and a great job on your part.

7. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Hi, thanx twig for the kind words. used the 12-24 for most of it. tokina atx 28-70 2.6-2.8 also

8. Wow Craig, you are a braver soul than I ;-) but you did great! I really like these alot, informal and very natural looking. So, are you going to give up the landscapes for the portraits now? LOL!

9. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Hi Janet, good to see you. Have been very busy with summer class so I don't visit here as often as i'd like to. majoring in wildlife science/ forestry.

Anyway to answer your q. I will shoot landscapes till i'm too old to do it anymore. I'm glad you like me photos. Make sure you scroll down to part 2 and have look before it dissapears into the abyss of the N-cafe archives.
    thanx , Craig H.