Hell has frozen over. ( warning many pics) part 1

Yes folks, I have photos of real live people. Was kind oftricked/ forced into shooting this wedding, at their own risk ofcourse. So go easy on me, never done anything like this before. the light durring the ceremony was not ideal.very harsh and contrasty. heres a quick rundown.

the couple, Dave and Jess
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the band
View attachment 11409

the bride with maids
View attachment 11410

flower girl
View attachment 11411

here comes the bride
View attachment 11412

View attachment 11413

The father reluctantly surrenders his daughter to my friend David
View attachment 11414

Ceremony. was catching some flare
View attachment 11415

View attachment 11416

View attachment 11417

View attachment 11418

Continued: see "part 2" post

Craig,

You are right, the light was harsh, but you did pretty good. I certainly think that the couple will like what you did. Very relaxed looking atmosphere. :wink:

Flew said:
Craig,

You are right, the light was harsh, but you did pretty good. I certainly think that the couple will like what you did. Very relaxed looking atmosphere. :wink:
thankyou Frank. I hope so.
Yes is was. felt overdressed, was wearing a suit.lol

Real Name
Chris
Hey Craig - those look great! I especially like the musicians in the grass - don't tell me, bluegrass? The bare feet on the b&g are really cool. In fact they are a cute couple and the bride is just darling. Dave looks like he knows he's the luckiest guy on earth. I'm sure these pics will be passed around until they are worn out.

Juging from your shots and the big smiles on everybody, I'd say you had a blast, eh?

Honestly, that looks like the nicest wedding I have ever seen.

What a break from sweating in a suit while some priest drones on in a dark, forboding church.

These are very nice pictures, I think they captured the vent VERY well. Sure you could have pp or done lots of stuff on site to change the lighting, but that wouldn;t go with the spirit of the event at all, I think your pictures are just right.

Did you use the kit lens?

Perhaps consider using TTL-BLL fill flash, but mostly I see you positioned yourself and the light to avoid any shadows on faces, which is toucg and a great job on your part.

Wow Craig, you are a braver soul than I ;-) but you did great! I really like these alot, informal and very natural looking. So, are you going to give up the landscapes for the portraits now? LOL!

jczinn said:
Wow Craig, you are a braver soul than I ;-) but you did great! I really like these alot, informal and very natural looking. So, are you going to give up the landscapes for the portraits now? LOL!

Hi Janet, good to see you. Have been very busy with summer class so I don't visit here as often as i'd like to. majoring in wildlife science/ forestry.

Anyway to answer your q. I will shoot landscapes till i'm too old to do it anymore. I'm glad you like me photos. Make sure you scroll down to part 2 and have look before it dissapears into the abyss of the N-cafe archives.
thanx , Craig H.

Latest threads

Top Bottom