Hello and some recent work

Discussion in 'People' started by ponykilr, May 24, 2007.

1. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I would like to say hello to everyone..."hello" :smile:

I have been lurking here a long time without participation. I had a bad experience with a photography forum in the past and it almost made me loose my desire and "vision". You all seem to be very helpful and considerate here and I hope to be an asset. I am glad to finally have joined and begin to be a part of things. I took these yesterday, I hope that you all enjoy them.

AustinMoneygrad0713.

View attachment 97296

View attachment 97297

View attachment 97298

2. Welcome! Enjoy your stay and post as you can.
    Love the expression in the last shot.

3. I really like the second one it has sort of a regal look to it. The others are good as well.

4. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to Nikon Cafe.

I think you will find that the Cafe is not like some of the other forums out there. I bet you will enjoy your time here.

You are off to a good start with these nice shots.

Regards,

5. Welcome and don’t worry about anything, these guys have been putting up with my dumb questions for 5 months without a single harsh word. They all are very helpful, Considerate and very knowledgeable. Great shots btw

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey welcome to the Cafe Paul (is your name Paul?)

Whoever that young man is, he's got himself some fine graduation pics! Keep on posting.

7. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    Yep, I am Paul.

I have done work for his family before and they keep coming back. Great folks to work with and Austin is graduating with honors.

When I wrote that I had had a bad time at another board I was not trying to imply that I need a gentle touch or anything. :) When I read that today it seems whiney.
    Some places tear you to pieces over the smallest details. When you are doing a job for someone on a time schedule at a location of their choosing you can't always afford to sweat the tiny stuff.

I welcome critique, but not destructive critism that comes from some need to build up the critic. "It doesnt speak to me....I don't feel the joy I should be feeling....I am not moved to sorrow..." These are things that could be wrong in the critic, not the photo.

Thanks for a warm welcome. I knew already how it is here before I joined. Great boards are in the members, you guys are terrific.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  8. I really like #'s 2, 3 and 4. I'm not sure about #1, maybe it's a bit soft for me. I look forward to more of your work. Enjoy your time here, there are many talented folks here to learn from and share with.

9. You have some great pics there!! Don't be afraid of this forum. I joined a little while ago and post mostly not perfect pics and people are always willing to help!!

Sarah