Hello Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nfoto, Nov 13, 2005.

1. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Hi all,

I'm leaving for a long field trip tomorrow so will have to stay away from the Café for a while.

This time I'll be shooting 8 different assignments in all, so careful planning came in handy, and I have spent the better part of the last week doing the background research for the job, compiling road maps and trip alternatives. Plus of course considering in depth what equipment to bring along. Not a trivial task for me, there are so many options to select from :biggrin:

Would you believe my gear checklist for this trip runs to nearly 3 full pages of print? I have 5 cameras, 29 lenses, 4 tripods, GPS units, remote control units, 2 laptops with backup units, network disk storage units, switches, DVD burners, ...., the list goes on and on. My assistent will need about 1 hour of briefing as to where in all the metal cases each item is hiding. Then we are all set and good to go. My little red Peugeot has experienced all this madness before and will take everything with ease.

Meanwhile I wish a nice week to all my friends here at the Café !

2. I have to say that is some kind of equipment.

I know it is late but have a good trip Bjorn.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bjorn,
    Wishing you a safe and successful trip.
    Look foward to good stuff when you return
    Take care now :>)))

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    29 lenses! Good grief Bjørn , you need more than 1 assistant don't you?
    Jarrell

5. Jarrell,

That is the largest equip I ever saw someone someone have. How about you? He actually needs more than 1 assistant. He needs one for everything.

6. nfoto

nfoto Guest

One assistent will do just fine, I'm driving a small French car remember :biggrin:

While 29 lenses may sound high it isn't a personal record by far. Although I admit I usually pack fewer, 5-10 being more typical. This time the assignments are demanding and I need a lot of specialized gear, that is reflected in the sheer numbers.

7. Enjoy, success on the shoots, and safe travelling. Look forward to your return and your valuable input.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Be safe, Bjorn...looking forward to your return and to see some of your work.

9. Have a safe trip Bjørn and take good care of the french friend of yours... it's air-cooled you know... :wink:

10. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Good Luck to you. We all know you have experience on your side and we wish you a safe journey and assignment.

I'm sure your assistant will need a bit of luck too. :)

Regards,

11. I wish you well on this assignment. It sounds like you have prepared and I am sure your results will be well recieved by your client.
    Dave

12. have a nice trip, and we know you'll have a good time with great results.
    And if you ever need a spare assistant, call me up and i'll strap myself to your car! I don't need food or clothing, just lenses to stare at! :biggrin:

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Bjorn, ignore Harrison, and take me. :biggrin:

Seriously, have a great trip, and be sure to fill us in on the results. :smile:

14. hey, i'm lighter and create less drag! :smile:

15. Good luck Bjorn. Oh by the way, I have been known to ride in a Peugeot.

16. Hey, Bjorn, while you are considering new assistants, ignore all of these other requests, I can pronounce "Peugot" correctly :biggrin:

Have a superb trip, not only does it sound quite exciting, but my guess is thay it will be both physically and mentally challenging, both of which I'm sure you are up to. Just don't run your assistant too ragged :wink:

17. Bjorn,
    I hope I didn't miss your departure. Thanks for the help and advice. I wish I had that 50mm f/1.2 already! I needed it this weekend.

Safe journey.

Rich

18. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Safe and successful journey , Bjorn. Dont break a leg or anything else. We all look forward to hearing from you as soon as you return, and of course seeing some of what you take.

19. God Speed

Bjørn,

Have a safe and successful trip. I've been too busy to report on my New Mexico trip. Work gets in the way sometimes. At any rate, I have followed many of your posts. Look forward to your return.

20. Well I guess I'm late to the party, and i guess no Norwegian would take a Swede for an assistant :)

Hope you have a productive and fun outing Bjorn!

Ha de!