Hello, it's me too!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    My name is Jarrell and I'm kinda new here. I've been around for a while and I hope some of you remember me. I haven't been doing a lot of shooting lately but hopefully I can get back into it soon. For those that don't know me, I've been in digital since the Coolpix 990 came out and a couple of years ago moved on to the D100 where I still am today.
    Below are a few of my favorite pictures made over the last couple of years.

I hope to see some of my old friends here and make new ones.
    Jarrell

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jarrell,

So glad to have you at the Café. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a great place to come enjoy great discussions, great pictures, and great company.... :wink:

I really hope that you enjoy your time here.

Frank

3. And you are also kinda one of the best photographer I have seen in the last couple of years as well ...

Warm welcome Jarrell ...

4. Jarrell,

Well, well, well! A voice from the past. You and I go back quite a ways. I remember you from the coolpix 990 days 'cause I had one also. I remember the card playing dog image...hilarious. I went to the 5000, the D100, and finally the D2H when a local dealer convinced me it was the deal of the decade.

You will absolutely love it here. Everyone, but everyone is friendly and loves photography. No trolling, measurebating, no hostile comments. It's so nice here; everyone is exceptionally cordial.....they (or we) all realize somehow we've got a wonderful thing going and don't want to ruin it.

Look forward to more of your humorous photography.

Rich :D

5. Jarrell, I am overjoyed to see you here and look forward to your post and sage advise. Love the image you have posted in this thread. I see you are still working with Hannah and she hasn't caught on to your card tricks yet. :eek: :eek: Anyway, welcome, welcome.

6. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thank you, it's great to be here. I can't believe this place is as nice as it is, it's truly a pleasure to visit. Frankly, I stopped shooting as much and lost a little interest in posting over at.... well... over at the other place. I still think the Retouching group and the NTF bunch are great, always friendly and willing to help. I also miss Chuck and Rodney on the lighting forum, they're first class guys and I learned a lot from them. They were kind enough to help me out without beating me over the head with a light stand.. :)
    Hopefully I can get back in the groove and get some shooting in
    Thank you for the welcome and I hope to learn more things from you guys!
    Jarrell

7. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Wooo hoooo Jarrell's here!

This is definitely a good thing. :D

Neil

8. WOW Jarrell, you have some amazing shots!! Thanks for sharing this in the Cafe. Welcome!! :D :D :D :D :D

9. Hey Jarrell!

Good to have you here, and feel free to invite your friends as well. This is a great place to be, full of constructive ideas and helpful folks. We'll give you a little time (seconds :) ) before we start asking you to help the rest of us!

(seriously glad to have you here)

10. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Hey Jarrell

I told em you'd come around eventually. Great to see you here!

Tom

11. I thought I'd seen you here way back at the beginning, then you disappeared again...I really hope you'll stick around and most importantly, POST PHOTOS!! Always love your work--so full of life and humor. Like that shot of the card playing pup!!

good to see ya again ;-)

12. Welcome Jarrell, glad you're here.

Joe

13. Hi Jarrell, a warm welcome to NikonCafe. Undoubtly, you are a great addition to these forums since you are one of the best photographers I have seen. Looking to get some advices and critiques from you. My regards.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jarrell,

So glad to see you back. Well spring is coming and sure hope you get back into the swing of things. Hope all has been well. You haven't stopped in for awhile.

Best Regards
    Gale

15. Hello again, Jarrell.

You'd be an asset to any forum and it's great to se you here.

:D

16. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Jarrell,
    Welcome to Nikon Cafe.

I remember your photo of the card game and it has stuck in my memory as one of the best :!: Your humor is delightful :!:

Great to have you and your wonderful talent here.

Best to you,

Gaye

17. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Good to see you! Maybe you'll tell us what y'all an' Bubba been doin lately??

18. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Ahhhhh.... Bubba! What can I say! He's been up in the mountains visiting relatives for a few months and I've sure missed him. He says he has a new recipe for peach flavored moonshine that is to die for and I can't wait to try it out. We've been saving all our empty quartsized Mason jars for him. He did tell me, on the phone, that it has been very cold and snowy up there and I told him that down here in the flatlands it has just been cold! He has to come home soon though because it is almost time for spring planting.
    It looks like this forum is slowly gathering the best of the best, myself excluded. So many of you go back soooo far!
    I've developed a second 'hobby', model railroading... and that is another expensive endeavor. My, my... what's the world coming to, a grown man playing with toy trains! It will never take the place of photography for me but if you don't see me around for a few days, know that I'm I'm trying to figure out benchwork or wiring and we'll checkin often, if nothing else just to see what you guys and girls are up to.
    Again, I thank you for the kind welcome!
    Jarrell

19. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    sorry, I'll get the hang of posting pictures one day!
    Jarrell

20. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Heck, I was thinking you just didn't like us over here ;c)

Couldn't think of any other reason you'd stay away form here so long! :shock: :twisted:
    Good to see you here, and don't worry, we all get into a "pitcher" takin' slump every now and again.
    I have to say, I LOVE your sig line! So true for me too! ;)