Hello, it's me too!

Jarrell said:
35506492.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sorry, I'll get the hang of posting pictures one day!
Jarrell

Finally, something other than Harris' birds! That one of your trains?

Rich

I keep jumping back and forth into model RR then I leave it for a while. Had a decent HO layout going years ago, kitbashed a bunch of B&M Geeps but never could get them to run together. I got various pairs ok, but the triples and quads wouldn't go. I did a stint with the 12"=1' gauge trolleys so that quenched the "I can make it run" desires. (Though making them go isn't the hard part, getting them to stop is the challenge, without pitching the passengers onto the floor!)
I found with my bigger layout, I needed to run numerous power feed lines to the track, about every 4'-5', to insure constant speed operation. Long track runs seem to result in electrical losses which result in slower trains, which messes up the timetable and you KNOW the conductor won't stand for THAT!

Here are the positives of the Cafe, Jarrell.

The software is great. If you make a mistake in a post, you can go back and fix it later, by hitting the [edit] button.
Just to prove it, I fixed your earlier post, where you mis-linked to the train picture.

We're one big gathering of Nikon enthusiasts, with divisions by gear type.

There are many good photographers to steal ideas from here :twisted:.

Now for the negatives.

There are so many good photographers here that my pictures look like crappola :(.

There aren't any newbies, so there's no demand for tutorials :cry:.

What shall I do? :roll:

Latest threads

Top Bottom