Hellooo. Helll ooooooo?

Oh, there you are. You know, I've been wondering... do I have the distinct honor of being the very last D100 user on the Cafe? Am I really the last person on earth to 'upgrade'?
Kinda lonesome around here.. :biggrin:
Jarrell

B

brownie2d2x

Me too

I shoot with a D100. It's a great camera.......very reliable.

B

bob swanson

:confused: Actually I'm considering purchasing one from a friend. bsvirginian:cool:

Jarrell you bought your D100 just before me:>)))

Yeah.. But boy do I love the D200
(shooting birds and fast sports ) Otherwise I would have kept the D100
It is a dynomite camera

Jarrell,
2 shooters in my club shoot with the D100 and their stuff is great. When I went digital it was the Drebel, D100 or D70. I decided on the D70 mostly because finding a D100 was not easy and the cost was higher. But after playing with the 100 I wanted the 200 even more.
There may not be many still using the 100 on the forums but in the real world it is still there and taking great shots just like my D70 and Pat's D70S still do.
It's a great camera with good build, great functions and fantastic IQ. So if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Rich

I have a friend who wants to get a good camera. I had forgotten about the D100. Perhaps that's the one she should get. Is it still for sale new or does she have to look for a used one?

Thanks,

Gaye

I have a friend who wants to get a good camera. I had forgotten about the D100. Perhaps that's the one she should get. Is it still for sale new or does she have to look for a used one?

Thanks,

Gaye
Gaye, I don't think you can buy a new one. Now that I've said that, someone, somewhere will have one that's still in stock and has never been used.. :biggrin: I would imagine there are quite a few used ones around though.
Jarrell

Just when did the D100 come on the market anyway? Mine must be at least 4 years old now.
Anyway, glad I'm not the only one still using one!
Jarrell

The D100 became available in early July 2002. I was an early adopter of this low end Pro camera because quality and price merged at a point that I could afford and I made the jump from the Nikon 950. I never looked back...but I don't have the D100 anymore.

Regards,

Paul

Just when did the D100 come on the market anyway? Mine must be at least 4 years old now.
Anyway, glad I'm not the only one still using one!
Jarrell

The D100 became available in early July 2002. I was an early adopter of this low end Pro camera because quality and price merged at a point that I could afford and I made the jump from the Nikon 950. I never looked back...but I don't have the D100 anymore.

Regards,

Paul
950 to D100... quite a jump! :smile:
Thanks for the dates.
Jarrell

S

seancav

I love my D100 and it is my first digital SLR. Many of the guys (and gals) here in the forum have encouraged me to take more pictures with this body first whilst I build up the glass collection!

Then, once I got my hands on a 70-200vr, maybe a d300!

You ARE NOT alone!!!!! Even though I purchased a D200 I still use my D100 as a backup and at times a primary. "May the D100 be with you, always"......:biggrin: - Jeff

Whew! Thanks, I was beginning to feel paranoid.. :biggrin: I'd like to 'upgrade' one day but right now, for no more shooting than I'm doing, the D100 suffices. About half the time I take along a C**** point and shoot as it does a fairly decent job.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's no dslr, for sure, but the weight and ease of use is nice.
Jarrell

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom