Hellooo. Helll ooooooo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Oh, there you are. You know, I've been wondering... do I have the distinct honor of being the very last D100 user on the Cafe? Am I really the last person on earth to 'upgrade'?
    Kinda lonesome around here.. :biggrin:
    Jarrell

2. I doubt it. I know plenty of people shooting with a d100.

3. brownie2d2x

brownie2d2x Guest

Me too

I shoot with a D100. It's a great camera.......very reliable.

4. I upgraded Jarrell, but I like my D100 so much that its my back-up and still used a lot.

paulC

5. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:confused: Actually I'm considering purchasing one from a friend. bsvirginian:cool:

6. The D100 rocks. The D200 really was an evolutionary improvement on that body though!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jarrell you bought your D100 just before me:>)))

Yeah.. But boy do I love the D200
    (shooting birds and fast sports ) Otherwise I would have kept the D100
    It is a dynomite camera

8. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Whats a D100?

9. Jarrell,
    2 shooters in my club shoot with the D100 and their stuff is great. When I went digital it was the Drebel, D100 or D70. I decided on the D70 mostly because finding a D100 was not easy and the cost was higher. But after playing with the 100 I wanted the 200 even more.
    There may not be many still using the 100 on the forums but in the real world it is still there and taking great shots just like my D70 and Pat's D70S still do.
    It's a great camera with good build, great functions and fantastic IQ. So if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Rich

10. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    I have a friend who wants to get a good camera. I had forgotten about the D100. Perhaps that's the one she should get. Is it still for sale new or does she have to look for a used one?

Thanks,

Gaye

11. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Gaye, I don't think you can buy a new one. Now that I've said that, someone, somewhere will have one that's still in stock and has never been used.. :biggrin: I would imagine there are quite a few used ones around though.
    Jarrell

12. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Just when did the D100 come on the market anyway? Mine must be at least 4 years old now.
    Anyway, glad I'm not the only one still using one!
    Jarrell

13. I plan on buying a D3something, but see no reason to get rid of my trusty old D100. It's taken a lick'n, but keeps on click'n. :smile:

14. The D100 became available in early July 2002. I was an early adopter of this low end Pro camera because quality and price merged at a point that I could afford and I made the jump from the Nikon 950. I never looked back...but I don't have the D100 anymore.

Regards,

Paul

15. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    950 to D100... quite a jump! :smile:
    Thanks for the dates.
    Jarrell

16. seancav

seancav Guest

I love my D100 and it is my first digital SLR. Many of the guys (and gals) here in the forum have encouraged me to take more pictures with this body first whilst I build up the glass collection!

Then, once I got my hands on a 70-200vr, maybe a d300!

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Jarrell! I still have and use a D100 camera, although I recently upgraded to an F5. The D100, however remains my main dslr.

18. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    You ARE NOT alone!!!!! Even though I purchased a D200 I still use my D100 as a backup and at times a primary. "May the D100 be with you, always"......:biggrin: - Jeff

19. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Whew! Thanks, I was beginning to feel paranoid.. :biggrin: I'd like to 'upgrade' one day but right now, for no more shooting than I'm doing, the D100 suffices. About half the time I take along a C**** point and shoot as it does a fairly decent job.
    It's no dslr, for sure, but the weight and ease of use is nice.
    Jarrell

20. I still have and use my D100. Of course I had it modified for IR but I have always liked the D100.