Hellooo. Helll ooooooo?

Jarrell,

shhh.....promise not tell? I still use my 5700 from time to time. Secret between us, OK?
Now you're gonna make me cry. The 5700, that I gave to my daughter, is the greatest closeup camera going..
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My Canon S3 IS doesn't hold a candle to it in that department. I think I had more fun with the 5700 than any single camera I've ever owned.
:325:
Jarrell

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
The D100 renewed my love of photography. I sold mine when I got my X but bought another soon after and have it converted to IR. The camera is a rock... you never hear of problems with these things. They just go, and go, and go. Nail the exposure and it's hard to beat.

Oh, and uncompressed NEFs too.

The D100 renewed my love of photography. I sold mine when I got my X but bought another soon after and have it converted to IR. The camera is a rock... you never hear of problems with these things. They just go, and go, and go. Nail the exposure and it's hard to beat.

Oh, and uncompressed NEFs too.

Wow Woody, that is super nice! Do you remember which lens you used. Love the light!
Jarrell

Raul, I don't think so unless it's just not doing what you need it to do. That may be speed or the color it delivers or noise level etc. When something starts to bug you, that's the time.
Jarrell

B

BigPixel

Shoot Jarrell, I'm still shooting the Fuji S2 and still love it. Then again, I used Nikon F2's untill 1998 when I decided my failing eyesite underwater required auto focus.....Bought a N90s. Then I dumped all my film stuff and got the S2. Its still an excellent camera, just produces a small file size compared to today's models.

annecdote....I was in the only shop on Oahu last week that sells sensor swabs cheap. He's a Canon dealer....He put a 5D in my hands. OMG! It looked and felt like a real camera, not like my plastic converted N80 S2. And viewing full frame TTL? Amazing. I might just pick one up, have always liked Canon color really.

Woody,

So have you and Jarrel conspired to prove that outstanding images can be realized from any technoloyg?

Thank you. I'm working to meet your standard with my soon to be obsolete D200.

I still use mine from time to time when I dont want to carry around a brick like my H...

despite rumors to the contrary, it still works just fine....

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Woody,So have you and Jarrel conspired to prove that outstanding images can be realized from any technoloyg?
People have this mistaken idea that old cameras don't take good images... this is total bunk. The advances have been in megapixels, handling, features and speed... not so much IQ.

The "problems" with the D100 are buffer size and autofocus sensitivity... NOT image quality.

This was shot with a danged D1! And unlike the D100 portrait I posted, this is right out of the camera except for resizing for the web. NO sharpening, levels adjustment... nothing.

Just wanted to add a comment regarding "old technology". I have a D100 as previously stated and a D200. I expect to be using both these cameras for many, many years. If they take good pics now they will continue to do so 10+ years down the road. Prior to my D100 purchase I used a Minolta film camera (7xi) that I purchased in 1992. It can still produce pictures just as good as anything I currently have but I decided to jump on the digital bandwagon so I could be free to experiment more and not worry so much about taking a bad shot (since I had to pay for each one). I can happily say I take more bad pictures now then ever and am proud of it:biggrin: - Jeff

I have 4 at my newspaper...I hate them with a passion :)
They really could use some tender-loving-care to be great cameras, but they've been beaten to crap but still work.

I bought a D200 but I still use the D100 a lot. Today I went to an orchid show and I used the D100 instead of the D200, it was my first digital camera so there is a special bonding.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom