1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hellooooooo North Carolina!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LindaZ, Sep 8, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    We made it!

We're in Pine Knoll Shores, looking out over the canal and relaxing after some intense and crazy days of broken down Uhauls, mini hurricanes, long drives, and packing/unpacking. :eek: 

But, I'm alive ... :biggrin:

2. that is GREAT NEWS, LINDA
    thanks so much for letting us know
    that makes me happy

take care
    post some pictures of the new place soon....
    like.... IN AN HOUR.... :biggrin:

3. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I have yet to find that darn card-reader! And thanks Greg, you're such a great friend.

4. whoa....
    i guess i never realized how..... "hanging it all out there in the middle of the atlantic ocean" you guys are in that little hamlet....

i know that you have to be near Camp Lejeune, of course
    take care of yourself.... please

5. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Yea Linda! So glad to hear you arrived safely! Enjoy North Carolina!! I know you'll love it.

6. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Hellooooooooooo Linda, glad to learn that your move worked out well and you're settling down into your new home.

Greg's demand might be a little unreasonable, however it'd be nice to see some photos once you've found everything and had time to collect your thoughts!

7. Linda,

Glad ya made it safely..

Now.. unpack... open that bottle of wine to celebrate... kick your feet up.. and then....

..head on over to the pier and take some shots :biggrin:

5825253.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL... nice Don.

Actually, you could hardly tell some bad weather passed over the area. It was pretty nice and dry today. When we drove through the South D.C area, we drove right through Hanna, but it wasn't too windy "just" really intense rain. Ok, not many were out but we figured we could make it, and then it just suddenly stopped. But so did our Uhaul truck. My husband had to overnight, while me and the kids kept driving to our friends in Greenville, NC.

I am excited to be here and the dialect is just awesome.

Yeah Greg, I certainly won't sit around for the next Hurricane. Here we are

9. Thanks Linda..

You are very lucky.. other than the yearly chance to flee inward, because of inclimate weather.. it is a beautiul place to live. I'd like to move there myself.. or retire there. I will probably visit again next year as a friend in my office area has a cottage there and they go down there about 5 times a summer.

I think I am on the list now to 'inhabit' for a week if I want. :smile:

I am really looking forward to seeing some pics when you get around to it.

10. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Linda, glad to hear you made it safely to your new home. What a great adventure for you and your family!! Hope to see some great photos of your new environs soon.

11. Good Luck Linda,
    I'm interested to hear how you like NC after living here in Pa.

12. Glad you made it!

13. we have to look after each other
    that's what family does
    settle in... slowly and surely
    get some well-deserved rest tonight

14. Congrats.

I am very happy for you and jeleaus too.

You are in the 'wreck alley' zone. Best diving in the world bar none!

I was heading up there last weekend for dive on that U352 one more time, but the Hanna impact held me back.

Now you must visit that acquarium and enjoy the almost life size replica.

Reenactments at the nearby Fort are also awsome display.

Nice location.

15. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Congratulations on the safe move, Linda! You've got yourself a beautiful 'hood there!

I was thinking of you while I watched Hanna swirling off the coast over the weekend. Glad you checked in.

Those locals certainly talk with a twang, don't they?

(Soon as I wrote that my boss walked by my office and said to someone else, "We'll have to think about that, I reckon." :biggrin:) 

16. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everyone, I'm hopelessly ignorant about the area but I do know about the wrecks, the sub, the fort, the aquarium, and the pirate in Beaufort. And some horses somewhere too.

It's just too bad we have only one car and hubby takes it to work (Duke marine lab) but we'll see if he can get a motorbike.

We're actually renting a furnitured vacation house, ironically it is cheaper and nicer than our house was in State College, PA.

It's very humid, I stepped outside to take a shot of my view and my lens fogged up in an instant. haha

Pia, I so love the dialect, being from Europe this is all very extraordinary exotic to me. I hope no one expects me to go to church on sundays though. haha...

17. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Good news!

18. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Most people will be ok with the church thing, just don't disrespect their believes and they will leave you alone.

being a northerner transplanted into the NC southern ways, you'll be fine.

yander
    yeller
    youngins
    telafono

19. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Welcome! We went to Wrightsville Beach for the two weekends before the hurricane. Pretty good timing. Hope you enjoy your new home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.