Help, @#$% Adobe

I have been comfortably asleep these past few years, enjoying my CS6. Oh, I could not leave well enough alone. saw a mention of a haze filter and Adobe CS6 update. Downloaded an update, and ended up with CC. It bugged my Bridge, and kept throwing up the CC trial box that I could not make stop. So today the trial box said one day, I worked on senior casual pic and went to next image. OH BOY what fun, box says CC is unavailable and CS6 will not load and Bridge that does load says I do not have a license. Gezz ,,,I did not want to reload and do the plugins. Any company that would make software that is not easily deleted is satanic.

I did try to download the CC un-installer but could get only as for as a black box that popped up asking for a choice of language, none of the buttons would respond.

What do I do now? The days of calling adobe are gone.
When I do get bridge open it says now I do not have a validated license.

Last edited:
I can sympathise with your situation and hope that you should be able to resolve the issues and restore your system back to a time before CC

If you are a Windows user have you looked at doing a System Restore to a point prior to CC download?
Not sure what is available for Mac

Have you double checked that CS6 removed from your system?
It is possible that CC install did not overwrite but stored the new version alongside CS6 therefore you may have both with only one to remove

If non of the above then a proper uninstall of CC is required and you should persevere and download the CC cleaner tool and follow these instructions
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

You will have your original CD or at least your CS6 product key so once successful uninstall and clean you should be good to go
Remember to back up your Adobe filters etc first to a new folder

Just in case you need to DL CS6
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Last edited:
Thanks,. I have made it a habit to try not to buy any software without a hard copy, regardless of cost, so I am good there.... I am very angry at myself. As many times I pulled myself out of an issue with restore and I failed to use it, my mind simply went dead. My restore points did not reach far enough back to remove CC. As for filters being saved I can not even see CS6 all I get is the CC purchase box. I should have come here first to see what was going on these days,,,, ++ I guess I was not careful enough in selecting the download, but it did say upgrade for CS 6...... GOTCHA, reel him boys there suckers out there by the millions!!!!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
What makes you so sure that CS6 is not sitting there happily? Normally CC installations leave the old version alone.

Try this. Use File Explorer to go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe and double click it.

What makes you so sure that CS6 is not sitting there happily? Normally CC installations leave the old version alone.

Try this. Use File Explorer to go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe and double click it.

It was not there, CS5 was, but just" Adobe" was right above it opened and found CS6 double click gives me CC purchase box :mad::mad::confused::rage: Thanks, just wish the un-installer would work, there were some links to go to failed, maybe that is the next stop. Thanks a lot. you are always generous with your time and it is much appreciated.

Have run the un-installer twice on different CC listings problem is still there. Neither CS6 or CC is in my uninstall list, but CS6 shows up on the path you suggested.

Thanks for the help and links folks.
Well I am back up and running after removing CS 6 and its evil CC program. I did get helpful live support, as reloading CS6 did not go well. Previously CS6 was un-accessible, only the CC buy box would open on Bridge or CS6, so all plugins were lost. Maybe this is all user error, but CC downloaded while I tried to update CS6, then I could not uninstall since it said it was needed for an app on CS6,,,, not one I put there. It was a total lock down from then on with a bug in bridge. Hard to understand why they would create such software, and then make such a hard to use, non functioning removal program; the if it does not work try here button, was no help. If you happen to get the CC trial, and do not want it, do not let it expire. It removed/denied access to my copy of CS6 !!!!!

Good news sorry we could not give the definitive step by step solution but good to hear that on this product you did get some useful live help.

I ... could get only as for as a black box that popped up asking for a choice of language... .

How apt. I've got a lot of choice language I call Adobe, and very little of it is safe for work or saying where She Who Must Be Obeyed might hear it...

I admit!!
I confess!
I am not the easiest customer when I'm p*$$ed off.
But the Adobe chat-help-techs are polite.
I rarely get a human on the telephone :( Thus it's almost always the chat-text-techs

I was dubious about moving from CS6 and LR 4 to cc. However, the transition went pretty smoothly and uninstalling and reinstalling the software has been a breeze; particularly compared with the software that I actually own. The only thing annoying is that I frequently have to relicense the software even though Adobe has collected their fee. Jeez - I actually had to learn my password. Still, this beats the old days when the software I owned was difficult to reinstall and then wouldn't recognize the XMP files on thousands of photographs.

Latest threads

Top Bottom