Help - bb focus problem D850

I've just spent an hour on the phone with Nikon, they wanted me to send it in. I called Adorama, they were very nice and sent me a return label. I figure sending to them is probably easier than sending it off to Nikon for repair - if it needs repair - and I'm not sure it does.

Here are the symptoms, when I set BB focus up using the AF-On button (menu item A8) it won't back button focus using my settings - and it won't focus using 1/2 press on the shutter button (I believe this is normal that BB focus disables the shutter focus). If I reset the camera, BB focus works fine. If I restore my settings, I'm back to it not working. It worked fine for about a week, then I started having trouble with it. Turning it on/off seemed to reset it and I could use BB focus. I don't know if this is a camera problem, or something I've set. Given the reset fixes it, I suspect I've messed up something up somewhere. Thanks...

Continuing to fiddle around with this - I found in Custom Controls (f1) I had af-on set to AE/AF Lock. I've just set it to AF-ON and things appear to be ok. Anyone think that might have been it? The thing that still puzzles me is this BB Focus working was really intermittent last week, working, then not working, turning the camera on/off fixing it. That worries me, I don't think it's normal.

Latest threads

Top Bottom