Help - Capture NX Prints coming out dark using Epson R800

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by asaya, Jul 21, 2007.

1. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Just acquired this program and love the program - great color - until I get to printing. First Off I would like to mention that I have a calibrated monitor that gets updated frequently so I think I am good there. I am using an Epson R800 it's a great printer I don't seem to have this problem with CS2. Wondering if anyone is using the same printer and would mind sharing the print set up codes.

2. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Help

Bump

3. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Are you using Soft Proofing in NX with the correct paper profile?

Just somehting to check, it will make a difference in what you see and what comes out of the printer.

Good luck,

Bill

4. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Bill I have not thanks for the tip. I just ordered Jason Odell's book hopefully that will help.

5. tony, you could just bump up the brightness so your output matches your monitor... thats what i do.

6. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I have the Epson R260 (I'm amazed at the results of this inexpensive printer!) and I have the same issue. Actually, the photos don't only print dark, but they look darker in every program other than NX. The prints match what I see in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, Flickr & Smugmug perfectly. I have been having this issue for a while now and have been emailing Nikon. They are still researching it. I just compensate by making the picture lighter in NX. I tried soft proofing and that did not work. I really think it's a Capture NX ver 1.1 bug as this didn't happen with 1.0.1. Also, any photos I save in Capture say uncalibrated even though they are sRGB.