Help Choosing Proper Flash Bracket

Good afternoon!

I have a D200 w/ vertical grip and would like to purchase a flash bracket for portrait work. I've heard that the Stroboframe models might not fit properly with the vertical grip added.

Can anyone recommend a good flash bracket for my setup?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

I have CB Jr from Custom Brackets myself but I have read other members rave about this one from Really Right Stuff.

I guess the 1st thing you have to decide upon is whether you'd rather rotate the falsh, like on the CB jr, or the camera body, like in the bracket from RRS.

B

Brandon Mizar

I used to have the RRS bracket and I really liked it. I am going to be picking up another one soon.

G

Gr8Tr1x

I originally tried a CB jr, but sold in favor of using a Joe Demb Flash Bracket...its great and its under $100. Works well with flash bouncers too.

fks

hi bob-

i've used a stroboframe pro-T with the D200 and MB-D200. the one issue i have is the bracket makes the MB-D200 flex more than usual. no fit issues though.

ricky

R

RandyB

You might look into Newton brackets. I have one and think its great. B&H have them listed on their website.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom