Help Choosing Proper Flash Bracket

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by ShadowForce, May 10, 2007.

1. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Good afternoon!

I have a D200 w/ vertical grip and would like to purchase a flash bracket for portrait work. I've heard that the Stroboframe models might not fit properly with the vertical grip added.

Can anyone recommend a good flash bracket for my setup?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

2. stephen99

stephen99

Nov 22, 2006
    Holland, Ohio
  3. I have CB Jr from Custom Brackets myself but I have read other members rave about this one from Really Right Stuff.

I guess the 1st thing you have to decide upon is whether you'd rather rotate the falsh, like on the CB jr, or the camera body, like in the bracket from RRS.

4. I used to have the RRS bracket and I really liked it. I am going to be picking up another one soon.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I originally tried a CB jr, but sold in favor of using a Joe Demb Flash Bracket...its great and its under $100. Works well with flash bouncers too.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi bob-

i've used a stroboframe pro-T with the D200 and MB-D200. the one issue i have is the bracket makes the MB-D200 flex more than usual. no fit issues though.

ricky

7. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks everyone for your help. Your feedback has been valuable.

8. RandyB

RandyB Guest

You might look into Newton brackets. I have one and think its great. B&H have them listed on their website.