HELP-D70s shows (r 04)

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by GeeJay, Oct 9, 2005.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    My new D70s shows (r 04) up in the same place where the number of remaining shots shows in the top LCD. Everytime I try to click the shutter button it shows the (r 04)..........no matter which White Balance I have it set in...

Yesterday it took pictures and today can't get anything to work..

Anyone have any ideas about this...I'm lost.

Appreciate any help and thanks,

Gaye

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Just showing the number of free (R = "remaining") files that can be written into the buffer.

3. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Bjorn,
    It won't take any pictures..the shutter won't click.. It's a new, empty flashcard. I have tried two empty cards and both do the same thing. I have formatted both cards to be sure they're empty..
    Camera shows 178 pictures can be taken on the card in RAW... and when I press the shutter it changes to (r 04) and nothing will work after that...........the shutter won't work..
    It's a mystery to me... Thanks,

Gaye

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Check your manual for more details...

50923968_77335146cf_o.

5. nfoto

nfoto Guest

You haven't activated the self-timer? Or the camera is set to "Focus" priority for any AF?

Set the camera to manual ("M") focus mode, try again.

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Thanks Ken and Bjorn,
    I have tried everything and nothing works. It just won't take a picture and the (r 04) keeps showing when I try.

Funny because it worked yesterday and nothing has been changed.

It is new and it must be a bad one.. I keep thinking there's something simple to set or unset but it's not looking good at this point.

Thanks for trying. If you think of anything else don't hesitate to jot it down. I'll check back,

Gaye

7. nfoto

nfoto Guest

The final attempt is always to leave the camera on, take the battery out, switch off the camera, then put the battery back and switch the darned thing on again. I call it "battery rebooting" and I have been forced to do that 2-3 times in 1 year with D70.

8. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Bjorn,
    Wow, that certainly did something good. I had to do it twice before anything happened. Now the SB800 flashes and also the camera will take pictures... and it will flash with the inboard flash.

I had visions of packing this thing up and sending it to Nikon and being without it for many weeks.

Thanks a lot and much appreciated!

Gaye

9. nfoto

nfoto Guest

You're entirely welcome, Gaye :smile: These digital wonders sometimes have a cunning mind of their own.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's a shame that it takes us (humans) to pull out their batteries to put them in their place though.

11. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Chris,
    This one really deserved to have his battery pulled--I'm just glad it was fixed before tonight so I could sleep..sure had me worried about having to send it back. Another reason this forum is so great!