1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help **everything got worked out**

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by JakeEbersole, Aug 17, 2009.

1. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    Hey. I recently did some portraits for a friend. She placed several photo orders and I didn't have any problems until her latest order. It's been over a month and she hasn't picked up the prints. I haven't been paid yet (rookie mistake). I have reminded her several times and I get the same thing over and over again. How do I go about this? I don't want to lose a friend, but at the same time I don't want to lose money.

2. learn from the mistake and move on might well be the best bet,. unless it's a lot of product cost,. or say you will post them or drop them over to her if you think that will help

3. Can't have it both ways.

Gary

4. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    Well it's $50 in prints. I trust that she will eventually pay. I will ask her if I can drop them off it that will work. Thanks for the help.

5. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Jake,

I think most of us make that mistake at least once.

6. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    Yeah. And let's hope I don't do it again. LOL

7. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    She picked up the pictures today. She gave me a bonus too!

8. Congrats. Glad it worked out. Friends as clients can be tricky. It is hard to separate the two because of the emotional attachment.

9. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    just remember to collect at time of order......place that as a sign where ever you take your orders and on all fliers and such.......

10. lossy

lossy

Feb 28, 2009
    ogden
    It is always a good idea to give them a written proposal of what they will receive at what price, that way no one is in the dark. Then of course payment at time of order.

11. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    Yeah. I wont do what I did again. I knew eventually she would pay me, but it complicates things when I don't have the money before hand and am paying for the prints out of pocket.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.