Help Fisheye problem

i got a scratch on my fisheye what can i do about it?
in the viewfinder theres like a big line that goes from the middle to the bottom of the viewfinder, i am very upset and i need to know how to fix this, please help fellow nikoncafers.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's a picture i took just now, but in the viewfinder it looks different:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, that's at f2.8. Now one at the other end of the f scale (22?). That will maximize your dof and any defect in the glass will show.
Also try without the lens hood and shot into the light.

I think you'll have to send it to Nikon to get it fixed. Sorry to see that... but if it doesn't show on the images, I'll just leave it there . Check out THIS LINK.

I think you'll have to send it to Nikon to get it fixed. Sorry to see that... but if it doesn't show on the images, I'll just leave it there . Check out THIS LINK.
Fisheye's are different... First of all they show virtually everything in focus and unfortunately that includes scratches on the lens. Second, scratches increase flare and ghosting - a hood can mitigate that effect but not with a fisheye of course. Although I've heard stories of using a marker to "fill in" the scratch to reduce those problems.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom