1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help Fisheye problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheHundreds, Aug 9, 2009.

1. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    i got a scratch on my fisheye what can i do about it?
    in the viewfinder theres like a big line that goes from the middle to the bottom of the viewfinder, i am very upset and i need to know how to fix this, please help fellow nikoncafers.

DSC_0282-1.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. does it show in images? If yes, is the lens under warranty? If yes, contact Nikon. If no, try these guys: http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/ they are independent and work only on Nikons.

Take pictures wide open and also at your smallest aperture.

3. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    Here's a picture i took just now, but in the viewfinder it looks different:
    DSC_0275.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. OK, that's at f2.8. Now one at the other end of the f scale (22?). That will maximize your dof and any defect in the glass will show.
    Also try without the lens hood and shot into the light.

5. I think you'll have to send it to Nikon to get it fixed. Sorry to see that... but if it doesn't show on the images, I'll just leave it there . Check out THIS LINK.

6. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Fisheye's are different... First of all they show virtually everything in focus and unfortunately that includes scratches on the lens. Second, scratches increase flare and ghosting - a hood can mitigate that effect but not with a fisheye of course. Although I've heard stories of using a marker to "fill in" the scratch to reduce those problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.