help fix this photos

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by dt_sands, Sep 7, 2008.

1. I was at a friends home over the summer and took these three pictures. I am very limited in my PS Skills, and been trying and trying (hours now) to work these into a cleaned up image for me to give as a gift... Anyone care to assist in helping me (I'd SO appreciate it). like a idiot- I used a off camera SB 800 and it created a HORRIBLE shadow behind/side of subjects. Live and learn- now IF I could get proficient at PS to save these pictures...
    These are long time family friends who I am planning on printing and framing these for if I can get them cleaned up as a gift. Any and all assistance is very much and gratefully appreciated...

DSC_6989_t.

DSC_6988_t.

DSC_6981_t.

2. the shadows will be nearly impossible to alleviate

here is one i tried:

367408467_9vZof-O.

3. one question....
    didn't you CHIMP after the first shot and see the "unusual" shadows your off-camera flash had caused?

4. Well, You would think I would-
    It was a quick, come let me get your photo in passing. It was bad judgement on my end to not take a breath and pause-

So- my bad.... I appreciate the help so far. Lessons learned!

thank for the attempted save- It is MUCH bette rthan I could dial in!@ I really appreciate this.

Best and warm regards,

Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.