help fixing fisheye border

I shaved my fisheye and now get a circle border with all my pics. Sometimes I correct and crop and other times I want to keep the circle frame. When I apply HDR to a image like this the border becomes visible and ugly.
Since this will always be the same I was hoping someone could tell me how to make this an easy fix
I basically just want to replace the border in edited version with original border

I have CS5 and LR3

original

5759811003_e19c9cb932_z.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

HDR

View attachment 905486

In Photoshop: Duplicate original layer (or one that has a dark "circular border"). Create a layer mask (black) on the new duplicate layer, move the new layer to the top, and paint the "circular border" white.

Black = Transparent
White = Opaque

With PS there are so many ways lol :)

I know it would be possible with the type of ways you mentioned, but can something like that be done and then saved so in the future its just applying a setting real quick or will I have to do the layer and erase method everytime

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I suggest you create a file containing a layer which is all black, with a layer mask the exact shape you want, with a black circle in the middle and white outside. Then all you would have to do each time is bring the layer from that file in and put it above your photo.

If you had lots to do you could record an action that did this. Then you could run that action in batch against a folder with hundreds of photos in it, and they would all get done in a few minutes.

I know you didn't request an opinion, but I actually think the fisheye vignette on the HDR looks pretty cool!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom