Help for a friend sent the wrong link to me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cajun angel, Sep 5, 2008.

1. I have a friend who is wanting to buy a camera. She sent me this link. IF anyone can help, please do!

Just found out she sent me the wrong link. It's a digital camera she was looking at - not film. SO thanks to everyone for all your input, as soon as I get the right info, I'll start over.:redface:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/819848728.html

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Dianne,

What kind of help are you asking for? Pricing, camera info, lens info, etc.

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    The camera shown is one the 'final generation' entry level film models, it should be fine coupled with those lenses for a beginner.

Converting the money to my currency the price seems reasonable as well.

For someone wanting to make a start with 35mm SLRs it seems like a good choice.

4. I think she's just wanting to know if it's a good deal. I gotta read the email again. I thought she had been shooting with digital, and I don't understand why she'd want to go to a film. I"ll be getting more info. Thanks ya'll.

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Looking at prices on Ebay UK for what is being sold here I'm now tempted to say that the price might actually be a bit steep. I don't know much about this site, maybe the price could be haggled down a bit to something more reasonable.

I guess you're friend wants to try some film shooting for a change, I still like to use both mediums.

Ken Rockwell has a comprehensive and favourable review of the N75 here http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/n75.htm it has detailed info on the specs and how they translated to real world use

6. Can't help on the N75 but if it's anything like the N80 it will be great
    glenn

7. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    I would say it is a bit high. A quick pull on KEH shows they have an EX+ N75 for $69. the 28-80 in EX for $53 and the 70-300 in EX+ for $94. So that comes out to $216, that Nikon bag isn't worth $84 especially used.

8. IMHO she'd be better off with a D40 and its kit lens unless she has a burning desire to get into film. Neither of those lenses is exactly top-notch and as mentioned, the bag wouldn't be worth all that much. Personally I would not want to go around with a camera bag that screams "NIKON!" I won't even wear the Nikon-issued camera strap! No point in advertising one's gear...

9. atrawick

atrawick Guest

If she wants a film body. i have a like new n80 that i will let go for a good price.

10. She sent me the wrong link ya'll!

She's not wanting a film camera - she sent the wrong link to me. So, she's supposed to resend her info. We'll see what happens. Thanks for so much input and some kind offers too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.