Help for making animated GIFs ?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by JPS, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Hi all !

I had some ideas for making animated things, using the D200's "Interval Timer" thing !

...i allready have a few series of shots, but i don't know how to make an "animated GIF"... I searched over the net, found a few tutorials -using Photoshop-, but none of them worked: there's allways something missing, or a bug...

Anyone of you knows a good way to get god results ?

I would like to make about 800x600 pixels animations, with more than 10 images, with the smallest possible file, in order to be able to upoad in a post...

TIA for any help,
    J-P.

2. JP, I prefer shockwave files for animation. This way you can animate jpegs, not just GIF's. Either way, I do it in Photoshop image ready. Pretty easy really, click on window, animation. It is just a matter of making a file of a layered photo. ie., copy and paste ontop of one image, the rest of the images you want to animate. In the animation pane, just turn on the one image in the stack you want to be seen, have a quick read in the help index. Last thing to do is to click on file, export, swf.
    I hope this helps.

3. I pressume you got the hang of it, if not, ask and I will explain a bit more.

4. Hi Dave !

Thanks for the tips, i tried it... but the problem is that i have about 40 images -that i would like to keep at around 800x600 pixels- and every way i tried allways gave me too large a file (~5 Mo.)...

...i'm affraid i want to have the best of all, without compromise, and that's not possible :redface: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

5. Oh well, we tried. I don't know of any leaner file size way of doing it. It would end up around 4 meg if each image was around 100 k.