HELP!! I need help from the SOUTH FLORIDIAN NIKON CAFERS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoDawg, Jun 10, 2005.

1. OK, OK.....it is 2AM, and I can not sleep. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: The family and I are driving to south Flaaada tomorrow and staying outside Poinciana for a week. Wet N Wild on Sunday, Disney on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Cocoa Beach on Thursday and Sea World on Friday. YEEHAW!! :D :D :D :D Again, I am so excited....I can't sleep. My family and I have never been in that area before, and it has been a few years since we have been on a vacation. I need help with local seafood restaurants, local hot spots, picture spots, beaches, etc etc etc. I remember as a kid I went to a seafood place in Lake Pontchartrain, LA and they just sat you at a picnic table with just newspaper as your plate, and the biggest pile of crab you can eat........the only weapon....a shell cracker. :p :p :p :p Is there a place like that in that area (Kissimmee, Orlando, Cocoa Beach, or other)???? Is there a place we will have to hit before leaving??? Thanks a bunch. :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Your so lucky!

Oh man that sounds fun Bryan! I was last in FLA way back when that was the abbreviation! (1964 to be exact.)

I'm sure a couple things have changed, but my favorite places were the Swamp, the Atlantic side beach, driving out the causway to the Keys (well I didn't drive, I was a kid), but especially Cape Canaveral. I met (well, waved at) my lifetime hero, Gus Grissom there. Unfortunately I didn't get my Instamatic 'til 6 months later.

As for the restaurant, I don't know if they have 'em in Florida, (they are all over out here) but a seafood chain called Joe's Crab Shack does it just like that.

One more thing - if you get the chance to meet any Cafeans (Florida seems to be lousy with 'em,) do! They are the best people!

3. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I think Southern FL is in for a very rainy week-end. Seems the tropical storm is supposed to skirt by us in the Gulf but heavy rain is t the east of the storm.

I cancelled my RV week-end because of the forecast.

Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

4. Hey Bryan. I almost missed your message since it's addressed to South Floridians. (We're considered Central Florida) ;). Not sure you'll see this since you're probably on your way already.

Sounds like you've got a jam-packed itinerary. Doing all the primary attractions. Each will have great photo-ops. Are you going to Cocoa Beach for the beach or for Kennedy Space Center? There's a great seafood restaurant a little north of there in Titusville called Dixie Crossroads. Also something that may be of interest if you're going to the coast would be to stop off at Lone Cabbage on SR520 off the BeeLine just west of Cocoa. They offer airboat rides on the St Johns River. It's quite an experience. They also have a small restaurant there that offers gator tail.

You won't find a shortage of things to do, places to eat, or items to buy. If you see this while you're hear and need any help with anything, let me know!

btw...Wet n Wild will be good to do on Sunday as the storm should be subsiding by then, so the weathermen say. ;)

5. Re: Your so lucky!

forgot to mention....yes, we do have these chains. There's one in Lake Buena Vista area which is near Disney.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

If you will be in the Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach areas there are some restaurants I could recommend....