Help I Need the Best P&S Fast!

My daughters quit and they are going on vacation. I tried to suggest she buy a DSLR, to no avail. She insists on the simple camera. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The Nikon S550 and S600 are nice cameras a little smaller than a deck of cards but very full featured.

So many criteria for "best p&s" - it's hard to give an answer.

Indestructable? The Olympus SW series
Bang for the buck? The Canon A5x0 series
Best alround P&S? Canon G9
Best lowlight sensor? Fuji F50 series

Take your pick...

I had a couple of Nikon Coolpix which I liked but I picked up a Sony P&S about 8 months ago (don't recall the model but it was one of the latest) and it was pretty good.

H

Heiland

canon 590is

just bought a 590 is.......having more fun with it then my D2X...............150$ from Amazon

So many criteria for "best p&s" - it's hard to give an answer.

Indestructable? The Olympus SW series

Take your pick...
Ok I bought the Olympus 1030SW - it's also an underwater camera...but not salt water. Also was told that if you drop it on the ground it will be fine - 5ft or less.

Ok I bought the Olympus 1030SW - it's also an underwater camera...but not salt water. Also was told that if you drop it on the ground it will be fine - 5ft or less.
I have used the 720SW in salt water without any problems. Just make sure you wash it afterwards (I just soak it in the sink for ten minutes).

It has dropped multiple times from my desk at work on the floor - on a carpeted floor, that makes a big difference. But clearly being dropped from 2ft to 4ft is no problem :smile:

One thing Olympus really understands is how to p.o. customers by using xD cards. Especially by making sure that pano-stitching mode is only available if you're using an olympus xD card.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom