Help - Lightroom started downloading NEF as DNG

I had a problem this morning where all of my lightroom pictures under a certain category disappeared from lightroom after I saved them to a Seagate drive. This happened once before. After tearing my hair out (what is still left!), I realized that in my process, I somehow changed the name of the category by one letter in Finder. When I replaced the letter, my pictures magically reappeared in lightroom. Problem solved. However, when I downloaded new pictures shortly afterward, they all came in as DNG rather than NEF. In my quest to solve the first problem, what did I hit to make that change? I now want to go back to NEF. Any clues??? Thanks.

Lightroom Classic 9.1 (Camera Raw 12.1) automatically imports my Z7 NEFs as DNGs.
In the IMPORT page the option is COPY AS DNG - the other options won’t import Z files
I should have mentioned that these pics are from the d7200. It always imported from this camera and my d750 as NEF, no problem. I must have hit something!

Real Name
Ken
Look at the top of your import dialog box. You may have selected Copy as DNG as opposed to Copy, Move or Add.

--Ken

Look at the top of your import dialog box. You may have selected Copy as DNG as opposed to Copy, Move or Add.

--Ken
Thank you Ken! The top had ADD highlighted. I switched it to COPY (without the DNG), and I'm back to NEF! Sometimes the simplest things trip me up, and I can't tell you how appreciative I am to have The Cafe in my life. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom