Help: Looking for D3 NEF files to play with

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by NJDJ, Jul 3, 2008.

1. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I am hoping to find a couple for D3 Nef files to play with. Can anyone point me in the right direction or send me to a link where I can down load one? I am hoping for low iso examples, say 200 - 400. Thanks!!

2. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    I wouldn't mind one either.

3. dzejms

dzejms

Feb 10, 2008
    London
  4. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I saw this site when I did an internet search. The problem is that they seem to download as TIFs and then won't open in Capture. What am I doing wrong?

5. dzejms

dzejms

Feb 10, 2008
    London
    I can't see any problem. Just downloaded this and opened with ACR an CAPTURE.

6. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Just rename to NEF

I had the same problem, downloaded them as Tiffs and just renamed them to NEFs and voila!

7. dzejms

dzejms

Feb 10, 2008
    London
    Why are you downloading them and save as TIFF? As the uploded files as *.NEF.

8. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    I found no other way

It may be due to my browser or OS (IE7 + WIN XP Pro) that although the link on the site is to a NEF file, when I save it I get a file with a tiff extension. However the file is actually a NEF file, so I just rename it , and it works fine.

On the contrary, when I download Canon Raw files I have no problems.

So, if your system is playing the same trick on you, just download the tiff file and rename the extension to nef, and it will open up fine in Capture or ACR...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.