1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HELP Macbook pro display issue

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Traveller, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I have macbook pro 17" 2.4 ghz using since Aug.2007 without any problem. 15 days ago while working on it its display seen like this and it was frozen. Now when push the on button same screen appears and I have to force quit.

Once I tried command+option+p+r and on button ıt worked well but later same issue happened

I could not take it to apple service because there is no here where I am on holiday.

please help !!

[​IMG]

2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    The image doesn't show up on the forum but it's a kernel panic screen (plus some very weird background).

Here's a useful site that helps to resolve such issues.

3. tom500

tom500

Oct 24, 2008
    Grand Rapids
    when you do get the machine restarted go to disk utility - select your hard drive and then click on 'repair permissions'.

Good luck.

4. May be either the logic board or the HD going bad. Sounds as though you'll need to take it to an authorized Apple place for repair.

5. Thank you Julien.

Thank you Tom. I did when I restarted but no way to startup next time :( 

Thank you Connie. I wish it is not logic board. If I cannot find any solution I will take to an authorised service

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  6. I got my macbook pro from apple service today. Logic board has been changed. It seems ok at the moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.