1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

help me find a waterproof case

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by tomtodeath, Jul 3, 2008.

1. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    Im looking to bring some gear onto a canoe, to shoot some places that are only accessable by boat. I have a fear of dropping things into water, so I would like to find a waterproof case to hold a d200+35/2, and maybe a rangefinder. I was looking at the otterboxes but dont seem big enough. any ideas?

2. Have you considered the Pelican cases??

Ted

3. Bobhandal

Bobhandal

Jun 29, 2008
    Honduras
    I just ordered something that I think fits you to a T .

Look at the DiCAPac waterproof bags, they make one for DSLRs and another for smaller cameras , they cost from $105 to $ 29.95 for smaller cameras.
    The good thing is that you can snorkel with them if you want.

What I have done in the past, for my whole bag of gear is take plastic garbage bags (2-3) and tie a knot in bad weather.

4. I use what the Navy uses! Pelican! They're water proof, shock proof, and I have 2 of them - LOVE THEM!

5. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Another vote for Pelican Cases.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.